GMC's New Tow Features

Overland

I'm really liking what GM has done with their cameras on the new trucks.  I also like that they're integrating some new features into an app for CarPlay, though I'm curious what all would need to be upgraded on the trailer's systems to take advantage of the app.

Here's a short video going over the new system:

These are really cool but like you said I wonder about integration with the Oliver. I had read about some of these when we were looking at new trucks last year but GM had some great year end close outs on the 2018 3/4 ton trucks and I figured it might be hard to get that kind of deal again. I think this is coming out on the 2020 models that they say are coming out this summer.

• Thanks 1

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

I also like the new features in the Chevy Gmc. But when does it get to many features is to much.  Yes rear cameras are a must for easy hook up truck to trailer, and a rear camera on rear of trailer. To help with blind spots and the idiot tailgaters. Other than that the old school tow mirrors with blind spot mirrors. Are still a proven option. I still have options on my 2017 Chevy duramax that I may never use and I need to read the owners manual to figure them out. Unless my grandson is in the truck. When they have touch screen coffee makers as an option I'm in.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

This truck is sweet!  Loaded-out Denali probably $80K or better?  Maybe my kids will pitch in and get me for birthday in recognition of the mountains of money I spent raising them (just joking, of course)

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Maybe my kids will pitch in and get me for birthday in recognition of the mountains of money I spent raising them

Or as my boys and I/we have discussed, I will try to time my passing with a zero balance in the savings accounts.  I must admit, I am very pleased with my 2018 GMC. It appears GM is really pouring resources into developing their truck products. Sweet looks, great powertrains, and too many bells and whistles. The Ford larger gas engine looks promising.

RB

Die young, as late as possible

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201