Sign in to follow this  
hobo

Night Noises from the Bowels of our Ollie

First trip since the rally (we've been really busy this summer) and I'm noticing a few odd noises.

At night when all is quiet (AC cycled off) I am hearing an intermittent (but predictable) electric motor noise coming from beneath the street side compartment). The sound will last for about 10-15 seconds and then it will be followed by a much softer noise (almost like a water circulation pump) which lasts for about 5-10 seconds. This is happening about every hour or so.

We are set up with city water and 30 AMP power.

Is this normal OPs for an Ollie or is my trailer possessed?

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2006 Dodge 3500 Megacab, 4x4 with 5.9L Cummins diesel.

Never mind. I broke the code.  It's the Truma hot water heater.

I apparently had it set on the "instant" hot water mode vice the "eco" mode so when set on the instant hot water mode, it routinely cycles water through the system to keep it pre-heated and ready to go. That is the noises I was hearing. I simply switched it over to the eco mode to save propane and to eliminate the extra curricular activy.  It does use more water in the eco mode but that's a non-issue since we're hooked up to city water.

• Thanks 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2006 Dodge 3500 Megacab, 4x4 with 5.9L Cummins diesel.

I've heard those noises too - but - I just blamed it on the dog.

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Poor Oliver dogs! They must shoulder a lot of responsibilities!

2019 Legacy Elite #431;  2019. TV 2019 GMC Canyon Denali, crew cab, 4X4, Long bed, Duramax Diesel.

Hobo,

Glad you figured it out - I just turn my Truma off when I know it will not be needed. The constant cycling drives me nuts. The Truma rep said to just leave it on, in eco, as you do. I've not had any issue turning it off. We don't use much hot water any ways.

Not to change the topic, you may find the Truma likes to go into a fault state every once and awhile. If it does a reset - power off/on of the unit usually clears it. I don't know why it does this, but I know others have the same issue, and the Truma rep was also aware this happens - …..

As for the "other" noises out there, I have found most are campground patron related - that's why I try to boondock as much as possible, or stay as far as possible from the humans in RV's....

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"

ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201524964bac5483378b34b491562080842sm.jpg

The Truma rep told me to call and that they'd send out a replacement board that fixes the random faults. Haven't done that yet - probably should.

Snowball • LE2 256 • 2018 Ford Raptor