Lithium Golf Cart Batteries

• Moderators

I am sure you could.  Oliver uses 4 6v flooded lead acid batteries and they may also use 4 6v AGM batteries.  Now the next question would be if they would fit in the battery tray.  The 6v lead acid batteries are Trojan T-105's and they have a 225 amp hour rating.  You should be able to find their dimensions online.  I don’t remember, but someone else may chime in with that information.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+

Trojan T-105's are golf cart batteries, they are 6 volts with 225 AH. Four of them wired to give you 12 volts will equal 450 AH with 225 AH available for use and not go below 50% usage.

They are the same size as the Trojan AGM's. They are also 6 volts with 200 AH. Four of them wired to give you 12 volts will equal 400 AH with 200 AH available for use and not go below 50% usage.

I don't believe Oliver currently offering the T-105's as an option.

The battery tray will handle either four of these batteries.  There are LiFePo4 batteries that are the same dimensions but are rated at 100 AH each and will give you access to 90% of their 400 AH capacity, along with longer life and shorter charge times. They do cost a "little" more, however.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

The only thing I’d add is that LFP batteries really need a battery management system (BMS) of some sort to monitor the individual cells within the batteries and keep them at the same voltage. It’s possible that the batteries you’re looking at have that built in, like the Battleborns or the LifeBlues that Oliver is offering. If not, then you’ll probably want to add one. 

Wow, thanks all! It is great that there is room for four batteries but the four lithiums get pricey pretty fast. It seems that if a person could install four golf cart lithiums then that might be an alternative, and have the golf cart battery benefits. Another alternative that just occurred is to put in two lithium 12 volt batteries instead of four. This forum is forum is great! Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Brian Z said:

Wow, thanks all! It is great that there is room for four batteries but the four lithiums get pricey pretty fast. It seems that if a person could install four golf cart lithiums then that might be an alternative, and have the golf cart battery benefits. Another alternative that just occurred is to put in two lithium 12 volt batteries instead of four. This forum is forum is great! Thanks again!

Most want to go with the maximum AH that will fit in the tray. For the LEII this would typically be 4 GC2 12v 100AH or 2-3 higher 150-200 AH 12V in some form. Putting in 4 6v lithium batteries doesn't make much sense unless you just have some laying around.