LiFeBlue Battery Representative

5 hours ago, Overland said:

Looking at the current PD-4000 series manual though, I thought this was curious - "The optional OUTPUT MODE SWITCH sets the converter output to either a constant 14.6VDC with the Charge Wizard® disabled".  So does that mean that in lithium mode, it's just constant 14.6 v and then off?

Thinking I must have missed something, I just went back and reread this entire topic. Enough questions have been raised to justify keeping it alive for awhile.

Lithium compatibility, vis a vis chargers, often means just leaving the spigot wide open and letting the BMS handle charging requirements.

5 hours ago, Overland said:

How is Oliver connecting the Xantrex?  Are they still running it though the PD-4000 but with the charger module removed, or are they using a different distribution box?

Since 2020 MY, documentation has been sketchy and reverse engineering the U is inconclusive. It seems as though the PD 9000 converters are now used to some extent but there is nothing other than the PD 4000 for distribution mentioned. I would expect to see a converter-less 5000 in its place. It wouldn't be a surprise if the multiple charging sources are just left to fight it out. At least with lithium, one source can be made dominant.

12 hours ago, bhncb said:

Thinking I must have missed something, I just went back and reread this entire topic. Enough questions have been raised to justify keeping it alive for awhile.

I am seeing two different threads with the same topic name of "LifeBlue Battery Representative".  This one has 25 (26 counting this one) replies and the other one has 75 replies with a lot of information on it as well.  Pretty confusing actually - didn't think having alternate universe threads would be possible?

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

There are actually three threads on the same topic, if you count the more generic one on Oliver’s Lithium Pro package. 

I agree that it’s confusing. If @LiFeBlueBattery and none of the other moderators object, I can at least merge the two vendor threads. Or it might be better to just lock one of them since merging would intertwine different conversations. 

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Overland said:

There are actually three threads on the same topic, if you count the more generic one on Oliver’s Lithium Pro package. 

I agree that it’s confusing. If @LiFeBlueBattery and none of the other moderators object, I can at least merge the two vendor threads. Or it might be better to just lock one of them since merging would intertwine different conversations. 

I say lock one . . . . . let us know what you decide as we continue to follow the Lithium discussion.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• The topic was locked