Can't remember . . . .

Ray and Susan Huff

I thought I would take notes during our walk through, but did I???  Neither my husband or I can find the bypass valve for the Suburban water heater.  Can someone with a newer Elite II tell us where to look.  Ours is a 2021.

Thanks!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Most likely it is hidden from view by the silver air duct, carefully lift it out of the way, or just reach around it. On a 2020 it is the bottom valve. In bypass mode the water no longer enters the bottom port, it loops around to the outlet (hot) side. Have you looked at the Winterization section of your manual?

4C5B541D-73DC-4E55-8566-CDD3E7F0A66A.thumb.png.ddb080012b876e5d42ba53a714ea42e0.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John is correct.. you’ll need to move some duct out of the way.. or I did in our 2020 in any case. There is an access panel located below the starboard side bed ( twin bed layout)  that should get you there but I had better luck getting at it from the big access options from above, under the mattress.. 

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

Yep, it's right there under the street side bed duct and it is exactly where I found a tear in my duct upon inspection.  I reinforced that area of the duct with some Gorilla duct tape so it won't rip again.  The access panel is pretty useless I have found.  I've been getting at that and the fresh water drain valve, which is even deeper down in that area via the top like Mcb.

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NCeagle said:

The access panel is pretty useless I have found.  I've been getting at that and the fresh water drain valve, which is even deeper down in that area via the top like Mcb.

I can’t contort my arm enough to do anything through the access panel.  I also have to lift the mattress and open the top access to do anything.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

48 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I can’t contort my arm enough to do anything through the access panel.  I also have to lift the mattress and open the top access to do anything.

They need to stop putting that little round hole there, and instead hinge the air return grill so it will swing down. Or put a bigger opening with a door, and mount the grill on that. Or move that grill across the room under the dinette..... 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:25 PM, John E Davies said:

Most likely it is hidden from view by the silver air duct, carefully lift it out of the way, or just reach around it. On a 2020 it is the bottom valve. In bypass mode the water no longer enters the bottom port, it loops around to the outlet (hot) side. Have you looked at the Winterization section of your manual?

4C5B541D-73DC-4E55-8566-CDD3E7F0A66A.thumb.png.ddb080012b876e5d42ba53a714ea42e0.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks for the pictures; very helpful.  So. in the bypass position, the valve points to the rear of the trailer, toward the bypass line and out toward the center of the trailer in normal position?

Did I look at the Winterization section of the manual?  Oops . . . . there it is!!  One day, I'll learn 😀

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg