Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
Posted

As John noted, the check valve was apparently stuck. All good now. The hot and cold are still reversed, because I was wandering around talking all day instead of opening under the sink. It's supposed to rain much of Saturday, so maybe I'll do it then.

There are 236 fiberglass trailers here at the rally, including many familiar Oliver faces.

  • Like 4

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

 

statestravelledmap.jpg.e25760abe3406b6c604e2b373e65663c.jpg

  • 5 months later...
Posted
On 12/22/2020 at 2:54 PM, NCeagle said:

My mission after the first few camping trips was to install a better shower head in the Oliver.  I especially didn't like the fact that I had to turn the water off at the faucet handle and lose the setting.  Research turned up a highly regarded brand called High Sierra.  I searched for those on this forum as well and found that at least one person (Overland) has also upgraded to a High Sierra.  I chose the same ugly one with a nice new faucet but an even uglier diverter.  😄  

IMG_2745.thumb.jpg.68340515d32ca7aac7675780bded5be0.jpg

I also hope my wife doesn't notice that her washcloth holder is gone now.  😬  I decided that a permanent access hatch (DasMarine Marine Deck Access Hatch & Lid with Lock, White, 24" Length X 14" Width (606MM. Length X 353MM. Width) in it's place was a better value (at least to me!).  I can get at all my new valves now.

IMG_2741.thumb.jpg.a1e1f67096f41a6557bea5c3b0b2d068.jpg

IMG_2743.thumb.jpg.0c87ca8e49dc96a8b2a017d239fb89ab.jpg

Did you add the shut off valves for hot and cold? Our shower is only a trickle and will be changing out faucet when we get back from this trip. I’ve never worked with Pex. 

Gary and Anita Teaney and Ranger

2017 Oliver Elite II Hull 292

2018 Nissan Armada

Tampa, FL 

IMG_9810.jpeg

  • 1 year later...
Posted
On 11/11/2024 at 6:39 PM, Steve Morris said:

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.7da3a9b4d31eb6c935d1413d8296ecab.jpeg

@Steve Morris 

First question: If I correctly understand you in your posts following the post that included this picture, you say that your hot and cold lines are reversed in this picture. Is this correct? The plumbing would make better sense if your lines were reversed in that picture.

 

@Steve Morris or @mossemi

Second question: When running off the pump you are pulling water from the fresh tank and sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot.

In this (running off pump) scenario you are conserving fresh water and grey tank capacity.

When running off city water you are still sending that water through the water heater to a diverter and back to the fresh tank until it is hot. If your fresh tank is already full the excess returned water will just go out the overflow. 

Third question: In the city water scenario you are only conserving grey tank capacity. Is this correct?

 

Bill - 2018 Hull 313

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313 Original owners 3/14/2018

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

 

Posted

@Townesw

I can’t specifically remember at what point that photo was taken, but I *think* it was when the hoses were backwards.

Question two: you are correct, and I was surprised the first time I used city water with a full fresh tank and heard water coming from the overflow. 

Question three: Correct. For us, the whole purpose of the diverter was to save tank capacity in either scenario. 

The whole bathroom re-plumbing was by far the best project I’ve done on Curiosity. 

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

 

statestravelledmap.jpg.e25760abe3406b6c604e2b373e65663c.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information