First Real Camping Day Pic!

Moonlight Mile

11 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

If your breakaway is connected with proper distance, your emergency brakes will engage, should your trailer "break away ."

Thats the purpose of the cable.

I do not know what the "proper distance" is. Have no idea.

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• Moderators

I just looked at your forecast. There is a travel advisory for Monday. I'd just stay put, if I  were you. Call Oliver on Monday morning. I know you're running out of data, so I'll text you.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, SherMica said:

Wish I had stayed hitch as BOB did it at least. Now not sure at all I can rehitch and do interstates to halfway pt to TX first thing tomorrow AM must leave not driving to HOH in snow.

Sit. Stay. Good dog! 😊 Get more cell data so you won’t feel cut off. Cancel your TX reservation. Stay where you are until the weather settles and the roads dry entirely. They are predicting an inch of snow in the Cumberland Plateau, which is laughable from my persective, but people in TN do not know how to drive on it and don’t have the proper tires or mindset. You certainly need to stay off it.

Do not rush - relax, take a deep breath, get your Ollie looked at by Service when the roads dry out. Ask them to walk you through some of the things you are most worried about.

When people are tired, or overly anxious, or simply in a brand new situation, they make mistakes, so just chill out, do not rush ANYTHING. We are here to advise and answer questions, but you need to do your part to remain cool.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

I just looked at your forecast. There is a travel advisory for Monday. I'd just stay put, if I  were you. Call Oliver on Monday morning. I know you're running out of data, so I'll text you.

I am getting OTT to come HERE Mon. I will leave Tues AM.

• Like 2

2021 Elite 1 -- Hull #731

Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4

Now Sold

states.png

• 1 month later...

Hello Moonlight Mike,

First congrats on your new travel trailer, I know this is a bit late but I noticed in one of your pictures your TT electrical hookup was laying on the ground. You may want to consider a "Husky Towing 61497 Universal Connector Storage Kit". Cost only about $7.50 It will give you a place to keep your electrical plug out of the water where damage can be a real problem. It is easy to install to.

Best of luck to you and hope to see ya on the road some day

• Thanks 1

Sue & Harold

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

CAIDINIAKYMIMNMTNENVNDOHORSDTNUTWIWYmed.