Generator tray storage locking container

I ordered this Rubbermaid 24 gallon storage container thanks to a post by another owner on the Ollie FB page. I think will work fine for carrying our Andersen chocks, jack blocks and other initial trailer set items while freeing up even more room in the truck bed. I will post a review of how much gear it will hold after it arrives. 

439E00A1-65AB-43B8-8399-1909434071F0.png

D67BF952-18C9-4D0A-AA4F-532B8B692938.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Just bought two of those same containers to use in the truck bed.   Kinda pricey but high quality.  Amazon has a 2 pack for $120. 
Rubbermaid ActionPacker️ 24 Gal Lockable Storage Bins Pack of 2, Industrial, Rugged Storage Containers with Lids https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXGRHDY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MZEX507G1GJ0MZMP4DRV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by FrankC
  • Like 1

I have used those for decades to carry emergency gear in my trucks, they are great, but not even water resistant, make sure you have some drain holes in the bottom, and don’t put anything inside that you don’t want getting damp. Prices vary wildly, search well and don’t assume the current Amazon price is the best.. 

42DB10FA-21CD-491E-8B9E-CA12D5ADF221.thumb.png.77ea866ac1e1a32b3071a384c82a4d50.png

If you are not in a hurry, return that one (free) and wait for a price drop.... And REI has it for $50, if there is a store near you, pick it up there.... https://www.rei.com/product/634288/rubbermaid-action-packer-24-gallon. If you are not already a member, join for free and save 20% on that purchase.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

13 hours ago, FrankC said:

Just bought two of those same containers to use in the truck bed.   Kinda pricey but high quality.  Amazon has a 2 pack for $120. 
Rubbermaid ActionPacker️ 24 Gal Lockable Storage Bins Pack of 2, Industrial, Rugged Storage Containers with Lids https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXGRHDY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MZEX507G1GJ0MZMP4DRV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Nice grab @FrankC

I just did not need two with the topper on our truck things stay dry. Have you used yours yet?
I plan to naturally use this container in the for our Andersen plastic weather proof blocks and chocks.

Your review or feedback would be appreciated.

-Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Nice grab @FrankC

I just did not need two with the topper on our truck things stay dry. Have you used yours yet?
I plan to naturally use this container in the for our Andersen plastic weather proof blocks and chocks.

Your review or feedback would be appreciated.

-Patriot

I’ve have used ours, but I can’t comment on how waterproof they are. Mine are under a bed cover, so they aren’t exposed to rain.  They do seem very sturdy and have nice strong latches with holes for a lock (although no plastic container is really secure), plus holes on the handles to also attach bungees for tie down.   And this 24 gallon size provides a good bit of useful storage space but can still be carried pretty easily.  

Edited by FrankC
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FrankC said:

I’ve have used ours, but I can’t comment on how waterproof they are. Mine are under a bed cover, so they aren’t exposed to rain.  They do seem very sturdy and have nice strong latches with holes for a lock (although no plastic container is really secure), plus holes on the handles to also attach bungees for tie down.   And this 24 gallon size provides a good bit of useful storage space but can still be carried pretty easily.  

Thanks I appreciate your thoughts and feedback. 👍🏻 Amazon makes it a pretty easy purchase not burning up GTO (gas, oil, tires) driving all over to brick and motor stores only to find no or low stock to save a few dollars. Three days with prime and it’s on the porch. 👍🏻

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Amazon makes it a pretty easy purchase not burning up GTO (gas, oil, tires) driving all over to brick and motor stores only to find no or low stock to save a few dollars. Three days with prime and it’s on the porch. 👍🏻

I agree that Prime is hard to beat, OTH there is no need whatsoever to drive all over the place to check stock, just about every major box store’s website shows current inventory or when it is due, and some like HD even show the isle and bay numbers, and if they don’t, a phone call usually gets the answer. And Walmart and others now offer free home delivery on many items. I am a huge fan of Prime, but if I can save $40 on a $90 purchase by driving a few miles, I will always do that, if it doesn’t take me out of my way too far. Some things are “Amazon only” which IMHO is really weird, I never understood that sales model.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

27 minutes ago, Dave judge said:

Phone calls are cheap. I always try to support are local brick and mortar stores. Some day you might miss them.

If you don’t have anything to add to the product review, (snarky comments are cheap as well), maybe just keep right on scrolling. 😉

Edited by Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

• The topic was locked
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Patriot said:

If you don’t have anything to add to the product review, (snarky comments are cheap as well), maybe just keep right on scrolling. 😉

Sorry, but I didn't personally find that "snarky" at all. Just another opinion. 

It looks nice, and fits in your basket. I can find the same container at my locally owned Ace for $11 less, and, I  do try to support my local store. I  so often find them helpful, and handy. But, I,  too, spend quite a bit on Amazon. It just depends. Shipping cost can sometimes really drive up the price on bulky items at Amazon, and even some of the big box stores.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.