Furrion Radio Speaker Hum Buzz

Hull 724.  Picked up in January.  Ran into a few snags but nothing OTT and I couldn't handle EXCEPT one.  There is a humm coming from the speakers when I use Blu tooth on the Furrion radio. I've had that radio out so many times trying to isolate the problem and I would really appreciate some help.  First I figured the hum might be from the solar connectors...they are in the same box and carry serious electricity. Alas, no.  I flipped the solar panel switch and the hum remained.  Just for good measure and because I like to organize rat's nest I wrapped the solar electric cords in copper tape to prevent electric interference from bleeding into the Furrion radio.  

The next thing I tried was to fix the ground loop thinking that might be the cause of the hum.  I bought a 30 amp noise filter  https://www.amazon.com/Install-Bay-IBNF30-Noise-Filter/dp/B00691PDQK but that didn't work either...even after grounding it to the head unit housing and then, when that didn't work, running a ground wire from the receptacle ground and using that.

I thought maybe trying to use the black ground line from the Furrion but I don't think that would make a difference.  I might just have to deal with the hum.

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks all!

• Moderators

A quick Google search brought up a number of complaints across several brands of trailers with a similar problem.  Replacing a poor ground, or a firmware update from Furrion for certain models, resolved the issue for many people.

Have you contacted Furrion customer service? 

https://www.etrailer.com/question-430346.html

And, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new Oliver. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I'd think that IF the buzz is only when using bluetooth, that the problem will end up being software, either on the unit or perhaps on the phone.  I might try streaming from a different device just to rule that out.  But Seadawg's suggestion to give Furrion a call seems wise at this point.  

Otherwise, I've run into the same problem as John M with a home speaker, so it's certainly a possibility.  And I guess a torn speaker cone is possible, too, unless of course the buzz is coming from all four.  

❄️🏈