Various tank valves and seals

Greetings,

Pardon me if this is already covered, but the search I attemped was either 0 or thousand plus...

When storing your Ollie for a couple weeks or even a few months, should some liquid be left in the toilet and all other tanks to keep the seals from drying out? Also, shouls the Ollie be stored level, or withe front end slightly raised? Or, does any of this matter at all?

• Like 1

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

• Moderators

I leave our trailer with a bit of rv antifreeze in the bowl, because it doesn't evaporate as readily as water.

We leave camco valve seal in the tanks. 

I live in Florida. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I ensure there is water in the toilet when we aren’t using it.  I periodically check and if needed I had more water.  I also periodically put some water down each drain.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I use these for the drain valves in the tanks and for the toilet seal:

Thetford RV Drain Valve Lubricant - 24 oz 15843 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BGK2L0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_J1ZQNKVYXSMAS2H9RT56?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thetford RV Toilet Seal Lube and Conditioner - Toilet Seal Lubricant - 24 oz 36663 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NSU0ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_E09NVBCQX20WYZ1A7V5G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 3

• Moderators

Seriously,  need to keep the toilet blade valve and seal lubricated. Rv antifreeze is perfect, wherever you live. Water is fine, if you can check it frequently,  and you're in a temperate climate.

Don't let it dry out.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Agree with the advice above --

And, if you are going to store your Ollie for a period of time - say three months or so - you might want to cover top of the bowl with some Saran Wrap type of material.  This helps prevent the liquid in the bowl from evaporating as rapidly.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"