The Ultimate Public Campground App, RIP

routlaw

This has been my go to app for finding public campgrounds over the years but as of July 2nd the guys decided to toss in the towel and end the endeavor sad to say. They still have a Facebook page sort of explaining their reasons for their hiatus. For those who have downloaded the app you can continue to use, but it will no longer be updated so accuracy going forward will be sketchy. 

I also use Free Roam but still prefer UPC app. If you folks know of something comparable would love to hear about it, but found nothing that compared in the App Store (Apple) yesterday that I did not have already. 

• Sad 1

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

It’s been my go to app as well.  It’s also included with the Garmin RV890.  I always emailed them when I noted any inaccuracy and always got a timely response in appreciation of the input.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Yeah they mentioned the Garmin App Garmin Tread includes their data, but that app certainly doesn’t receive much love unfortunately. Hopefully someone will take up the mantle and keep it going. 

• Like 2

Legacy Elite II #70

• 4 months later...

I use RV Parky and the Garmin RV 890 to find campgrounds. Seems to work for me. 

I also like that in the RV Parky site you can plan your trip, and it will show you miles and anticipated time between stops (CG).

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine