No 110V power proves to be a wiring issue with my transfer switch

roguebooks

GJ

The second 30A receptacle also allows us to place the generators near the front of the trailer and further away from the rear sleeping area for noise purposes.

Of course, if you are using the generator(s) to run the Dometic turbojet air conditioner, you won't be able to hear the generators anyway. 🤣

• Haha 1

Thanks guys.  I fully understand the concepts of both auto and manual A/B switching.  The advantages caused me to install a 200 Amp manual on my home electrical service so that I could easily power up my home from a generator.  Hence my hypothetical question about using a second 30 amp shore power connection for some owners that have critical medical needs.

I'll rephrase my 3/2/2023 10:03 question.

IF an owner has a critical need for electricity and they are connected to shore power, and they have a second input connection, could they use it as a back-up power source from a portable auto starting generator:

• As currently wired?  (I think not)
  • By changing the wiring?  (I think so, but as a ME, I defer to the electrical SME's to respond)

If it is possible, this would be an option for OTT to consider.  Not that it would be used a lot, but it would be a great way to help some owners with special needs.

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderator+
19 hours ago, katanapilot said:

GJ

The second 30A receptacle also allows us to place the generators near the front of the trailer and further away from the rear sleeping area for noise purposes.

Of course, if you are using the generator(s) to run the Dometic turbojet air conditioner, you won't be able to hear the generators anyway. 🤣

Unless I'm standing in the bathroom, I do not hear our generator that's sitting out on the tongue. We have a 3000 watt Yamaha EF3000iSEB that I bought in 2008 to accompany us in our travels in our then brand new Oliver Elite Hull #026. It now travels with us in Hull #050 and has been on every trip we've ever taken. It still runs flawlessly and will power everything in our current trailer.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg