New Truma Eco A/C retrofit

theOrca

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
9 minutes ago, Patriot said:

@SteveCr

Did you install the ES on your Truma? If so I am interested in your results.

Patriot🇺🇸

Yes.

Before installation I tried to run it on the Honda 2200i but it would not start up.....as expected.

I installed the Easy Start (from the Dometic) on the Truma Aventa. I wired the ES, without any splices, into the Truma wires so that in the future I could remove the ES and easily restore the OEM wiring. You would not be able visually tell the ES had been installed.

((This was a little extra work .....when Oliver originally installed the ES into the Dometic they removed and spliced Dometic wiring. So, when I removed the ES, I had to rewire the Dometic with non-OEM wire. The Dometic works fine...just does not look OEM to the trained eye. I explained this to the person who bought the Dometic and they were fine.))

Once installed, I had to relearn the ES. On my ES model this required removal of the cover and physically moving a connection jumper, once to reset the ES and again to relearn the Truma. New ES models have a bluetooth relearn feature. This was an easy procedure.

I previously installed a 30amp RV receptacle under my home's entrance panel. I used this power source to start up and relearn the ES/Truma.

Once I was satisfied everything was nominal, I switched the power source to the Honda 2200i. The Truma started up and ran with no problem.

A big decision was where to locate the ES. The Aventa structure is a two piece tightly fitting molded foam. There are a couple of options without modifying the structure. I chose a forward location near the thermistor.

The wiring diagram was provided by Micro-Air. If you buy a new ES, they will warranty the compressor for two years. I chose not to go this route since I had the older ES on hand and would install it myself.

Material used:

-2.5 feet of 14 awg wire (two insulation colors...5 feet total)

- two wago type connectors (ideal brand from Home Depot actually)

- two 1/4" spade male connectors

- one 1/4" female/double male spade "piggy back" connector

- four tie wraps to strain relief the wires & cable

- Three cups black coffee

Steve

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

As I mentioned above, I opened a ticket and I followed up with Truma on the Aventa filters. Here's what Jason Essay had to say:

Truma does recommend replacing the filters every 12 months and they do not recommend cleaning at this time. As with all companies, what they recommend today may not be the same for tomorrow. The type of filter they use can be rinsed but Truma does not currently recommend it and any issues resulting from failure to replace the filters could be denied warranty by Truma. 

Ovreall, Truma is wanting to make sure that the system is operating at peak performance and a new filter just like you would use at your home is the best option. This will provide the optimum filtration & air flow.

...and here is what Truma had to say:

I would like to reach out and clarify the below correspondence.  Truma will put the correct information regarding the care of our products and any maintenance in our published manuals.  Forums are not Truma verified information so that information has not been endorsed or tested by Truma.  On page 28 of the manual it states that the filters can not be cleaned.  This is what care Truma stands by, and it states that the filters need to be changed every 12 months.  This is the correct information not what you read in the forums or were told by anyone not representing Truma.  Below is a snip of the correct information from the manual.

• Thanks 1

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

• Moderators

How long is the truma warranty? Some components are one year, many two year.

If it's two years, I'd def  spend $29 for filters. If its a year, I'd wash them. Yeah, I know.... frugal me.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

7 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

How long is the truma warranty? Some components are one year, many two year.

If it's two years, I'd def  spend $29 for filters. If its a year, I'd wash them. Yeah, I know.... frugal me.

@SeaDawgWe were advised by Jason Essary that the Truma factory warranty is 2 years. Oliver submits this warranty information the day the install is complete and the customer takes delivery.
As @MobileJoymentioned it’s highly recommended by Oliver and Truma that new replacement filters are installed every 12 months.

Also pointed out during our visit with service, Oliver and Truma do not recommend an easy start on the Truma. Installing one voids the 2 year warranty. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg