Weather Stripping

RustyMD

Is the window weather stripping that Oliver uses commercially available?

Thought I’d look into that before submitting a ticket. I understand that it can shrink over time.

Robert Youens

LE II 2023

Robert Youens

2023 LEII Hull #1304

TV 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi e-torque with tow package

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
21 minutes ago, RustyMD said:

Is the window weather stripping that Oliver uses commercially available?

Thought I’d look into that before submitting a ticket. I understand that it can shrink over time.

Robert Youens

LE II 2023

Yes, available from Pelland Enterprises.  Sold by the foot in both white and black. 
https://www.pellandent.com/Half-Inch-Glass-Vinyl-Seal

I changed mine to black since the white was so hard to keep clean. 

E469FC08-D4B3-4CF1-9857-05D9E1D491A1.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, RustyMD said:

I understand that it can shrink over time.

The only shrinkage I have noticed with the Pelland Enterprises replacement seal is in the length.  So when you are cutting a replacement, try not to stretch the seal and cut it long.  If it is too long to install then you will have some left to trim.

Mossey

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, mossemi said:

The only shrinkage I have noticed with the Pelland Enterprises replacement seal is in the length.  So when you are cutting a replacement, try not to stretch the seal and cut it long.  If it is too long to install then you will have some left to trim.

Mossey

Good advice...

I helped a buddy build a barn years ago. He cautioned me against cutting the boards, saying "If you cut it too short, we can always piece it, but if you cut it too long, I don't know what we'll do!!!???"    😀🤪😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg