First time to see Olivers

Dwain Kitchens

Oliver had both models in Brandon, Florida last week, so my wife and I scheduled to see them. Oh, yeah, nice!!!!

Now I want one--now its just timing!

Question. In planning trips, I saw RV Wizard searching internet. Is this a good way to plan?

Any others better?

Thanks for info.

Future Oliver owner☺️

Dwain

• Like 2

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderator+

We never “plan” a trip. We know the endpoint and not much else. Never made reservations more than a few hours in advance and have never had a problem getting a spot. We don’t use any apps to find spots to camp. Just look on a paper map for a place to stop. We mostly boondock. We never have any problems finding water to fill the tank or a free dump site. I don’t like being tied to any schedules. Nearly two decades of school and four plus decades in the medical field gave me a lifetime’s worth of conformity. If I make plans, it feels like I’m being told what to do. I don’t like being told what to do, even if it’s myself doing the telling. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

We never “plan” a trip. We know the endpoint and not much else. Never made reservations more than a few hours in advance and have never had a problem getting a spot. We don’t use any apps to find spots to camp. Just look on a paper map for a place to stop. We mostly boondock.

We almost always plan our trips (unless we travel with Tali and Steve!!).  We like to go to Arizona in January and if you want to get into one of the state parks or regional parks there you have to make reservations a year in advance.  We also like to go to Colorado in June and July (son and family live in Durango) and the situation is the same.  Other than that, we have done trips on the fly and found spots in popular places (Glacier, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, and others) same day.

Since we mostly do public campgrounds (state parks, regional and municipal parks, COE, USFS, BLM, etc) we use Ultimate Public Campground App.  It’s no longer supported or updated but it still works well.  You can get the same information from Allstays or Campendium.  I’ve looked at RV Wizard but never used it.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

6 hours ago, Dwain Kitchens said:

Oliver had both models in Brandon, Florida last week, so my wife and I scheduled to see them. Oh, yeah, nice!!!!

Now I want one--now its just timing!

Question. In planning trips, I saw RV Wizard searching internet. Is this a good way to plan?

Any others better?

Thanks for info.

Future Oliver owner☺️

Dwain

Dwain,

Great first step in scheduling to see an Oliver. Hopefully someday you will make it out to Oliver to Hohenwald, Tenn and take the factory tour. I strongly recommend it. 💯 totally worth the time and effort seeing in what goes into building an Oliver from start to finish. Total wow factor! 😊. Give sales rep Anita Johnston a call at Oliver and she will get you scheduled when your ready for a factory tour.

There are a lot of apps out there for sure. One in particular that we like and use a lot is this one for vetting CGs. We use the free app.

https://www.campendium.com 

This one as well - https://campgrounds.rvlife.com

Patriot 🇺🇸

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg