Winterization pump

topgun2

• Moderators

For most of us winterization is now turning into thoughts of getting ready for the Spring camping season.  However, I just received a notice from Harbor Freight that the "Multi-Use Transfer Pump" is on sale for $4.99.

With the addition of a plastic fitting (similar to THIS ONE) - see pic below - you will be all set to pump anti-freeze into those exterior ports next Fall.

p.s.  I just noted that Harbor Freight failed to correct the price in at least one location - but - the price has been reduced from $7.99 to $4.99!P1020752.JPG

Edited by topgun2
corrected price
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

That certainly looks easier to use than the ones you see near the RV antifreeze jug displays.  Since I have one of the old ones, I see modifications that are about to happen… guess I’ve just been lazy or complacent.

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderators

The Harbor Freight one I've been using for the past eight years still performs like new.

I simply attach the male end onto one of the exterior ports and place the other end into a gallon of anti-freeze.  Then a couple of plunger pumps and on to the next port.

Just make sure when your done to pump some fresh water through the device and then let it dry for a couple of days before storing for next year.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

....what about the outside shower?  Do y'all clear those H&C water lines pneumatically?  Just curious

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

Do y'all clear those H&C water lines pneumatically?

For those lines I do exactly the thing that I do for the other lines that have faucets (i.e. the kitchen and the bath) - I let the water pump simply pump the anti-freeze from the winterization port through the water pump to the outside faucet (both hot and cold water lines) until I see the pink stuff coming from the shower head.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

For those lines I do exactly the thing that I do for the other lines that have faucets (i.e. the kitchen and the bath) - I let the water pump simply pump the anti-freeze from the winterization port through the water pump to the outside faucet (both hot and cold water lines) until I see the pink stuff coming from the shower head.

Bill

Ditto

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.