Winterization pump

topgun2

• Moderators

For most of us winterization is now turning into thoughts of getting ready for the Spring camping season.  However, I just received a notice from Harbor Freight that the "Multi-Use Transfer Pump" is on sale for $4.99.

With the addition of a plastic fitting (similar to THIS ONE) - see pic below - you will be all set to pump anti-freeze into those exterior ports next Fall.

p.s.  I just noted that Harbor Freight failed to correct the price in at least one location - but - the price has been reduced from $7.99 to $4.99!P1020752.JPG

Edited by topgun2
corrected price
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

That certainly looks easier to use than the ones you see near the RV antifreeze jug displays.  Since I have one of the old ones, I see modifications that are about to happen… guess I’ve just been lazy or complacent.

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderators

The Harbor Freight one I've been using for the past eight years still performs like new.

I simply attach the male end onto one of the exterior ports and place the other end into a gallon of anti-freeze.  Then a couple of plunger pumps and on to the next port.

Just make sure when your done to pump some fresh water through the device and then let it dry for a couple of days before storing for next year.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

....what about the outside shower?  Do y'all clear those H&C water lines pneumatically?  Just curious

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

Do y'all clear those H&C water lines pneumatically?

For those lines I do exactly the thing that I do for the other lines that have faucets (i.e. the kitchen and the bath) - I let the water pump simply pump the anti-freeze from the winterization port through the water pump to the outside faucet (both hot and cold water lines) until I see the pink stuff coming from the shower head.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

For those lines I do exactly the thing that I do for the other lines that have faucets (i.e. the kitchen and the bath) - I let the water pump simply pump the anti-freeze from the winterization port through the water pump to the outside faucet (both hot and cold water lines) until I see the pink stuff coming from the shower head.

Bill

Ditto

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.