We're going to see an Oliver at a show!

We're going to the Springfield, MA RV show next weekend, which we do every year, but this year there will be an Ollie there! That's great! This is the largest RV show in New England. Really happy to see OTT doing this.

• Like 5

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I don't know who will be at that show representing Oliver (if anyone), but, be sure to stop by and say hello to both the dealer and Oliver staff (if present).  I know that at the last two shows (held on the same weekend) Rodney Lomax was at one while Scott Oliver was at the other.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Scott Oliver was at the Boston show, along with the locale dealer, Tim of Tim's RV.

It was a great show and finding parking in Boston was not bad. Only had to park one short block away from the center.

Tim will be at the Springfield RV show, but I do not know who else.

Boston RV show _ 2024.jpeg

• Like 4

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

We did see the Oliver trailers in Springfield, both an LE1 and an LE2. The Olivers were displayed next to several Intek Sol trailers (which seem like decent campers). Asking price for the LE2 was slightly over $100K. Saw a couple glance at the LE2 price tag and say, "Are they crazy," so we engaged them and told them about the superior construction of the Olivers. Chatted a bit with one of the sales reps but I think we were more excited about the Olivers than he was. No Oliver family present at this show. While we were there, we did see a couple go inside the LE2 and sit down, a good sign. It was really good to see OTT represented, for sure.

PXL_20240216_212856124.thumb.jpg.4f167abb1e2bb70df939c8673e5fa1f6.jpg

• Like 5

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

True. Unless you crawl under and over other trailers, you may not appreciate the construction. 

16 years in, we are very happy with our choice.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Steph and Dud B

If the sales person you talked to was a young guy (maybe 25-30 yo), that would be Tim's son, Nick. Tim and Nick are the sales people at Tim's RV, the new Massachusetts Oliver sales/service center.

Maine 

On 2/15/2024 at 4:30 PM, dewdev said:

Scott Oliver was at the Boston show, along with the locale dealer, Tim of Tim's RV.

It was a great show and finding parking in Boston was not bad. Only had to park one short block away from the center.

Tim will be at the Springfield RV show, but I do not know who else.

Boston RV show _ 2024.jpeg

Sondra and I were at the Raleigh RV show this past weekend and pretty much saw the same.  Lots of people were initially drawn to both the LE1 and 2, but were shocked by the price (looked to be over $10K more than what we paid for ours last year) But, I think a lot of folks prioritize space over quality and look at the huge trailer next to it for less money.

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bryan in NC said:

But, I think a lot of folks prioritize space over quality and look at the huge trailer next to it for less money.

There are times when purchasing a quality item just doesn't make any sense.  Several years ago I was talking to a friend of mine about buying one of his sets of "Snap-On" tools from him.  He said that given the amount of time that I would use this combined with the type of work that I do (hobby and repair) my purchase simply would not make any economic sense - his recommendation was to just buy the same set in a Craftsman or Kobalt or Ridgid/Huskey brand instead and pocket the extra money.  

However, there are certainly other times when plunking down that extra money makes perfect economic sense.  And, can actually save money over the longer term.  Having said this - in the case of RV's, hopefully buyers get a good handle on what their camping needs and wants are prior to buying anything.  This is easier said than done though.  It sure is awful nice to have all that room of a big 5th wheel until you find out that it is a big PITA to travel with let alone get into and out of many camping spots in more remote places.

Knowing now that I really could sell my Oliver for (at least) what I paid for it 8 years ago pales in comparison to the joy I get when people can't believe that it is going into its 9th year and still looks new.  Add this to the enjoyment I've had with Twist over the 8 years, I'm absolutely certain that this was the correct choice for me.  But, if I only wanted to go to the local RV park for the weekend or had a bunch of kids, I understand that my decision could have been different.

Bill

• Like 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

In comparision to other RV trailers I saw at the show and their (high) cost, the $100K for an Oliver is not that concerning to me.

Glad I bought my Olllie 3 years ago though.

• Like 1

Maine 

On 2/20/2024 at 11:09 AM, topgun2 said:

Knowing now that I really could sell my Oliver for (at least) what I paid for it 8 years ago pales in comparison to the joy I get when people can't believe that it is going into its 9th year and still looks new.  Add this to the enjoyment I've had with Twist over the 8 years, I'm absolutely certain that this was the correct choice for me.  But, if I only wanted to go to the local RV park for the weekend or had a bunch of kids, I understand that my decision could have been different.

I agree wholeheartedly Bill.  People have different priorities in life and I wasn’t meaning to criticize.  There's probably not a lot of folks cross shopping Olivers and 5th wheels.  The point I was trying to make was these folks are seeing a much larger trailer, with arguably more amenities, for less money and were drawn to Oliver's smaller size (and unique look), expecting a lower price.  They can buy a 23’ Flying Cloud with a solar/lithium package (also at the show) for about the same price as an LE2 and they’ve probably already heard of Airstream.  Without someone providing them with the advantages of owning an Oliver (better quality, insulation, resale value, etc.), it's a difficult sell. I saw three couples walk away shaking their heads during the short time I was near the trailers.

• Like 4

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages