Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/14/2016 in all areas

  1. My solution to this potential problem will be to test the electricity before hooking up. There is a great web site that explains RV electricity: http://www.myrv.us/electric/ They describe a simple device to test both the circuit and the voltage here: http://www.myrv.us/electric/Pg/tester_30amp.htm I ordered all the parts for this device from Amazon for $27. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55233-Electrical-PowerGrip-Adapter/dp/B00192QB3I https://www.amazon.com/Globe-Electric-46505-Single-Tap-Grounded/dp/B007XQORTO https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Products-12-4055-Voltage-Meter/dp/B002P48KLK https://www.amazon.com/Sperry-Instruments-GFI6302-Outlet-Tester/dp/B000RUL2UU I plan to use this simple tester before I hook my future Oliver up to shore power. David
    1 point
  2. I installed a progressive surge protector under the dinette seat of my oliver elite and then mounted the remote display under the dinette table under the power converter. I can see it from my entrance door and it is not a problem with the light while sleeping. It works great. Be sure to read the instructions for it's use and what the codes mean.
    1 point
  3. I can't say whether Oliver will add the remote display, but it seems likely to me. It would be cheap and very easy to do. You could easily do it after delivery. The wiring is a simple plug and play data cable. Personally it is not something I would lose any sleep about when I ordered a trailer. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  4. Absolutely! The adventure is what's going to keep us young, hopefully well beyond retirement. I guess I should have said active rather than younger, but really it's the same I think.
    1 point
  5. Welcome to the Oliver Forums ! There is a lot to help you in your decision making process to be found here. The aluminum frame was mentioned and rightly so for it is the foundation on which quality can be built. Here is a short video that I shot during a visit to the Oliver factory.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
    • DBL-R earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • GregCA went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Jcraig earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • OliverTheCountry earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • GregCA earned a badge
      First Post
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Chuck and Beth went up a rank
      Rookie
    • BigTexas earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • chris44 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Gorby earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • KCR earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Edwin and Peggy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • TC-Starrysky earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Tbartek earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • dmorningcall earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CWP earned a badge
      One Month Later
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information