Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/19/2017 in Posts

  1. Thanks Larry for sharing an insight into the earliest of Oliver's days. As the very first Oliver Owner, you and Betty paved the way for every one of us that have followed. Oliver has grown and changed thru the years and some mighty fine folks have come and gone. We all owe a debt of gratitude to your down-home wisdom imparted to us across the years thru your videos and posts. Thank you from each and every one of us......
    2 points
  2. http://olivertraveltrailers.com/ten-oliver-years-ago-larry-mountainborn-harmon/
    1 point
  3. He used 3M double sided tape; and because the Casita is rounded, he layered it on the top and bottom corners to get it to sit flat at 90° perpendicular or vertically to have it perfectly level. You can see the tape under the edges in the pic above.
    1 point
  4. Canoe12, I've owned a number of covers over the years (prior to Twist) and found that the Tyvek covers simply do not hold up very well - they rip way too easily and are very difficult to repair. Since then I've owned both an ADCO cover and presently own a Calmark cover for my Oliver. There are a number of owners that are using the Calmark (do a search on this site for Calmark). Unfortunately these covers (either ADCO or Calmark) cost a little over $700, but, just like the Oliver it is a bit of you get what you pay for. Bill
    1 point
  5. John, you are so right. A number of years ago, I don't have all the specifics, but there was an incident involving an Ollie, ice, a rapid angular maneuver, etc. etc. etc. ........ you get the picture. Well, the Ollie wound up sliding down the road on its side. The insurance adjuster was simply amazed at the robust Ollie, whose worst damage (other than some items out of place on the inside) was an abrasion to the belly band where it scraped along the ground. Ollie, built like a tank!
    1 point
  6. Canoe12, This past winter I stored my Ollie outside where the solar panels could provide power to the batteries. Since I did not remove the fuses for the stereo or TV they, along with the carbon monoxide detector, were parasitic power draws. The draw was near 5 to 6 amps per day. If the solar panels were not completely covered with snow, they were restoring my batteries to full each day. Since I use AGM batteries, which are sealed, I have no concerns for adding water. I realize many owners store their Ollies inside, but I wanted to understand more about the solar system over the winter. I also wanted to see if my Ollie was problem free during a winter season. So far, the solar system has worked incredibly well and I noticed just two minor problems. The first involved a tendency for the lock on the door (Not the deadbolt, that is fine.) to freeze. I used a special lock lubricant, recommended by John D., and the problem is resolved. I also have the black streaks from the porch light gaskets. I plan to resolve that issue in May. For me, the winter season with Ollie outside was just a continuation of my field testing. I purchased an Ollie not just because it is well designed and well manufactured. I also believed it would be durable and hold up well to my four season New Hampshire weather. So far, I have not been disappointed! Buzzy
    1 point
  7. geO, By far the best idea is to never sit in one place long enough to need them... Let's get out there and go CAMPING!!!! Hope you have a wonderful season.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information