Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/25/2017 in all areas

  1. It's a bit windy here on the west coast and I bought these really nice paracord adjusters on Amazon and thought that I would pass them on because they really work great :) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013FOVIGC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Then I bought these stakes and they came with the 4 pieces of paracord that made the perfect combo for securing our awning in the wind with the Awning Deflapper Max https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AT2L34A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I'm using rocks to hold the cords down here at the Pacific Ocean but the stakes work when used. A week on the ocean :) Reed
    2 points
  2. We are in the process of locating qualified and reputable RV maintenance facilities across the country. The goal is to provide our owner's with outstanding service within reasonable distance. If you have had a good experience with a third-party maintenance shop, please let us know here so we can do additional research and add them to our database. Thanks!
    1 point
  3. My sister and I picked up our Ladybug Oliver, Oct 12th and camped overnight at at Thousand Trails Natchez Trace to check out all the systems. Then we drove back to Sugar Hill, Ga and camped for the next week at two campgrounds on Lake Lanier. So far we are extremely happy with our choice and look forward to many camping adventures ahead. Ladybug Sisters, Robin and Susan
    1 point
  4. I believe that the camping discounted rate is $20/night plus taxes. Nice review and am looking forward to it. I completed my registration yesterday by using Matt's on-line form and payment system - (see the "2018 Rally"). It really worked great, is simple to do and quick if you have a credit card. If no card then you can always simply send them a check with the appropriate information. Bill
    1 point
  5. I can't imagine what Oliver expects everyone to do with a spin weld fitting and no tools to drive it. The "tools" required are a router with a 1/2" colette, with at least 1 HP, for that size fitting, and the drive tool itself. The router must be a certain design that allows for removal of the base plate, has a particular type of switch and is not too long. Plus it requires an operator that knows how to spin weld, or the tank can be damaged to the point where it becomes very difficult to repair. That "kit" is further evidence that Oliver just doesn't seem to get it. Who is the qualified person to do the work and who is responsible when a tank is damaged in the process? How many RV repair shops have the right router and the experience to install spin welded fittings down in a compartment with limited access? I designed this repair and all the fittings and procedures required, then I offered to do some installation work out west through my company Active Energy Corporation. I even called Oliver, and left a message when nobody answered, to see if we can arrange for some of these to be done and discuss how to do it. A video was posted on the process. But I have never even had a call back from Oliver. I'm glad all the new trailers have the improved fittings, but I wonder why they think that simply sending a fitting out to current owners will solve their customers problems. Now they are even talking about setting up qualified repair stations for other problems, but they only offer silence toward the tank repair. My water tank pickup tube design is an excellent fix for a mistake Oliver made. I've done it to mine and I've done it to Reed and Karens trailer. I've posted pictures of the parts and Reed posted a video of the procedure. It works perfectly. I called Oliver to talk to them about it and never heard back. Then they claimed there wasn't a problem at all. Now, they are installing it in all their new trailers. Interesting. It might be interesting to call Oliver and ask them what they expect you to do with a spin weld fitting and none of the other required parts. I love my Oliver LE2, but I wonder how they can can be successful while being unable to follow through with repairs, or do warrantee work, without requiring an owner to drive, in some cases, 2000 miles. There is a lot more infrastructure required than they seem to be willing to deal with. But they are quick to tell us that we are "part of the Oliver family" once we buy one. What does that mean exactly?
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information