Composting Toilet De-Conversion

Posted (edited)

Acknowledging the risk of starting a contentious discussion....

For the composting toilet boosters - We are studying the possibility of staying with the composting toilet and are reading other threads around that. However, I'm a planner so I want to understand / gather parts lists for a "de-conversion" project.

Does anyone know the exact model of the toilet that is in the LE II in the 2023 model year range? If I'm going to make the change the spouse would like a lower one than our LE I currently has if possible.  I think it's a Dometic 3xx but trying to determine which one exactly. The LE I is a Dometic 311. I believe that it's the same between the LE I and the LE II - again not sure of this though.

From other posts I know that the black tank is still in there, as well as the water valve to hook up to the flush toilet. Any advice on what is required to make the connection between the black tank and the toilet would be appreciated.

Thanks very much - once I start this project, I will be putting a reverse how-to up on the forum. 

Kevin

Edited by DunnYet
Left our what I already knew - that the LE I is a 311

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I'm with you, thank you. You can't get me to do anything but hookup the hose at the dump station! 🤣 Separate liquids from solids and more cr@p, NOT! (pun intended)

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

I'll look forward to your posts.

You can compare heights on any low profile toilet. Our 2008 Aqua magic has been great. 

All the composting toilets are tall. If you like that concept, buy/get a footstool. If not, retrofit, and join the rest of us with the stinky slinky. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 5/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, DunnYet said:

For the composting toilet boosters - We are studying the possibility of staying with the composting toilet and are reading other threads around that. However, I'm a planner so I want to understand / gather parts lists for a "de-conversion" project.

Does anyone know the exact model of the toilet that is in the LE II in the 2023 model year range? If I'm going to make the change the spouse would like a lower one than our LE I currently has if possible.  I think it's a Dometic 3xx but trying to determine which one exactly. The LE I is a Dometic 311. I believe that it's the same between the LE I and the LE II - again not sure of this though.

From other posts I know that the black tank is still in there, as well as the water valve to hook up to the flush toilet. Any advice on what is required to make the connection between the black tank and the toilet would be appreciated.

Thanks very much - once I start this project, I will be putting a reverse how-to up on the forum. 

Kevin

Good morning Kevin. I would be happy to help you. I ordered my LE ll with the composting toilet and after six months decided I would rather have a flusher and converted to the factory toilet myself.  If you’ll give me a call. I can offer some guidance. 
John Burton 480-390-6996

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

We replaced our 2019 EII standard toilet with a Dometic 311 (due to broken foot pedal. 

• Like 4

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 5/19/2024 at 4:09 PM, DunnYet said:

The factory uses the Dometic model 311. It’s low profile at 13 3/4”. I purchased mine from Camping World on sale and I think they’re still on sale with free shipping.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you get a dometic 311-  suggest the one with the upgraded slow close  seat/lid.  It's a residential lid made of heavy material.  The default from dometic is a plastic lid/seat with no slow close and it is rather flimsy.

Edited by Galway Girl
  • Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Posted (edited)

MS AI says the dimensions by model are as follows:    (Suggest independent verification)

GJ

image.png.68ae73d3d6167936152a5ccaf922b118.png

When I had to replace my OTT OEM toilet due to a 25 cent part breaking and no available parts, my research yielded the below info. I chose to go with the low profile elongated seat 321 Full Timer.

Hope this is useful.

GJ

MODEL

311 Part Timer

320 Full Timer                                       (Wrong P/N - My Error)

320 Full Timer

321 Full Timer

E-Trailer #

DOM67FR

DOM87FR

DOM87FR

DOM99FR

DESCRIPTION

Low Profile      Round

Stand. Height            Elongated

Stand. Height            Elongated

Low Profile     Elongated

SOURCE:

OEM PROVIDED May 2018

E-Trailer  OR# 113709215 Shipped to Idaho,  83255

Dometic Warranty Replacement

Need this model

COLOR

White

White

Same

White

STATUS

Plastic Flush Rod Failed.  Discarded in Idaho upon receipt of E-trailer  replacement.

Replacement toilet purchased.  Flush ball seal not centered.  Leaked water & sewer gas

Still in original unopened box. 

DEPTH

19"

22"

Same

22"

HEIGHT

14.25"

19.25"  TILT!

Same

The 5" step between the toilet mounting surface and where you feet go is why just about all of us under seven feet tall need the low profile model.

image.png.dfe3f2bcb752ff1967a1b51a1afebab7.png

For more efficient printing, I have transformed the above into my DIY format.

DIY - Dometic Toilet Replacement Specifications.docx

Edited by Geronimo John
Added printable DIY file.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 5/21/2024 at 8:32 AM, JBurton said:

Good morning Kevin. I would be happy to help you. I ordered my LE ll with the composting toilet and after six months decided I would rather have a flusher and converted to the factory toilet myself.  If you’ll give me a call. I can offer some guidance. 
John Burton 480-390-6996

Thanks very much John will take you up on that!

• Like 1

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png