2023 and newer Nightstand Top: How is it attached?

IN 2023, Oliver did away with the cubby underneath the nightstand top, and permanently attaching that cover. Has anyone removed it, or know how it is attached?

Before taking delivery of Curiosity, I'd built one of the Laguna table mounts that fit under the twin bed extension, but never installed it. It just seemed like it would be in the way, and I'd still need to store the table and support when not in use. Then someone added drawer slides to the nightstand top, and we'd prefer to go this route. I've given the top a few tugs, but I don't want to damage anything, hence my question.

Thanks!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Ours (2023 LE II) is held down by Velcro strips. Found this out while preparing for new tops Foy tops. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png

14 hours ago, DunnYet said:

Ours (2023 LE II) is held down by Velcro strips. Found this out while preparing for new tops Foy tops. 🙂

You sure it's the night stand top that's held down with valcro and not the top in front of the pantry? We also have a 2023 and the nightstand top is not removable with a cubby like pre 2023 models. Ok, I see your hull # is 1030 so maybe you lucked out before they changed it to a non removable nightstand top.

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

1 hour ago, rich.dev said:

You sure it's the night stand top that's held down with valcro and not the top in front of the pantry? We also have a 2023 and the nightstand top is not removable with a cubby like pre 2023 models. Ok, I see your hull # is 1030 so maybe you lucked out before they changed it to a non removable nightstand top.

We have 3 removeable, all Velcro attached tops; the nightstand top, below the pantry and the counter above the fridge/below the microwave. 

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

We removed the velcro under the pantry countertop and replace it with drawer slides that "soft close" - I'll do the nightstand top the same way after we're back home from this excursion...

Now you see it....  

Screenshot2024-06-26at15_15_44.thumb.png.d8c4125cdb9e978e6df92c90fbaaeba7.png

DVD storage above

Now you don't...

Screenshot2024-06-26at15_15_31.thumb.png.00fc2f461020f6be97c08010cca2f6a0.png

Oscar's not impressed at all!

• Like 3

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

The LE II  Is #1364 - we are the second owners but I think they picked up in May of 23. #1030 is the LE I - we are looking for it’s next home.

We have the flat surface under the table top - no dip like the older ones where you have some storage. The top is definately Velcro on ours. However there do seem to be a lot of mid-year changes that occurred in the ‘23s.

Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 10:43 PM, DunnYet said:

Wow! Ours was delivered March 2023. I’ve tugged a fair bit more than what’s required to get the top off the “secret” pantry top, and it didn’t budge. I’ll pull harder and see what happens. Thanks!

Edited by Steve Morris

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

5 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Wow! Ours was delivered March 2023. I’ve tugged a fair bit more than what’s required to get the top off the “secret” pantry top, and it didn’t budge. I’ll pull harder and see what happens. Thanks!

My May assumption is from the original date on the registration, so could have been April. I wilL say it did not take much to pull up, so don’t do what I did this week and try to use a breaker bar to remove a stuck anti rattle hitch pin. 🙂 (I did learn that a sawsall with a Diablo blade is faster than a grinding wheel to cut it off after you sheer the bolt inside the hitch.) 

Photos - because I wanted to be sure myself.

IMG_3768.jpeg

IMG_3767.jpeg

spacer.png

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DunnYet said:

I wilL say it did not take much to pull up, so don’t do what I did this week and try to use a breaker bar to remove a stuck anti rattle hitch pin. 🙂 (I did learn that a sawsall with a Diablo blade is faster than a grinding wheel to cut it off after you sheer the bolt inside the hitch.) 

Please tell me that there is a "valid" story behind this!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

We’re 1360, so should be the same. 

Ten minutes later: Yep, I just needed to pull harder. Thanks!

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

10 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Please tell me that there is a "valid" story behind this!

[We find our hero unloading the tow vehicle on a hot Texas driveway having just driven back from the Hill Country. ]

You know, I should take the Andersen Hitch Ball off the truck between trips. It's so much larger than the regular ball I used with the LE I. I bet I run into that all week while loading for the next trip. That's gonna hurt.

[Grabs lightweight ratcheting crescent wrench and starts to remove screw in anti-rattle hitch pin.] 

Spin Spin Spin Sp... Huh, the anti-rattle hitch pin is not coming all the way out of the internal nut that holds it tight against the wall. Guess I should get a socket wrench. 

[Ignores voice in head that says "What about a squirt of penetrating oil there cowboy."]

Spin forward with the socket wrench, spin backward with the socket wrench. Still sticking in the same place. You know - I have the longer, non ratcheting handle.

[Ignores voice in head that says "You know that the real name for that is a 'Breaker Bar'?"]

Put a bit of weight behind that - it will loosen up. 

[SFX - metal snapping]

Oh snap. That's going to be a bit of work to get out of there.

[Audience laughter]

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

spacer.png

• Moderators

Is THAT what they mean by - "Cowboy Up"?

Hat Texas GIF by Houston Texans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC