The Technomadia Oliver - Construction Diary

technomadia

The twin bed was not even a consideration for us. We were specifically looking for a floorplan that allowed us to have a full size bed kept in bed most of the time, and an office area for running our business. The most annoying thing about the Tab has been having to convert the bed to dinette mode, and having slightly offset sleep schedules.

True.. the twin plan gives you more storage space. But we already have our lives trimmed down to share a 16' Tab with far less space AND, if I couldn't snuggle with Chris every night, there would be no point in us traveling together anyway :)

- Cherie

• Moderator+

Doug,

I have moved this discussion to a more appropriate thread.....

See the new topic: "Twin Bed Discussion"

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Robert sent us new pictures of our Oliver very near complete.. it now includes our custom graphics on the side that an artist friend of ours created for us. (Hint: Look for the back-to-back "C"s that represent our names into the shape of a Burning Man symbol).

2702554094_6332fdef61.jpg

You can also see how everything came together on top of the Oliver with the dual AM Solar 100 panels. They moved the vent fan and A/C back a bit to make room for them, and of course we deleted the satellite receiver. (There is a cell phone booster antenna in front).

We're super excited to be picking up our Oliver on Wednesday!

- Cherie

Chris and Cherie, your trailer looks great. I know you are looking forward to getting it on Wednesday.

Question: What do you think about surge guards for these trailers. We have a lot of electronic equipment on board and I'm wondering if surge guards would be a smart thing to have. If so, would a hard-wired or a portable be preferable? Obviously, the hard wired would be more secure from theft while the portable would protect everything, including the shore power cord.

Thoughts? Anyone else have any comments or advice?

Doug

Since we don't plan to be on shore power all that often, we're not too concerned for ourselves. The energy coming from our super-duper inverter will be consistent and clean energy, and will act as a surge protector in many cases. We'll probably use a power strip with surge protection built in to plug our laptops and other mobile gadgets, but nothing too massive and more for ease than anything else.

- Cherie

In just a few hours we will be hitting the road to head down to Hohenwald to pick up our Oliver. They gave us our VIN and serial number today - we are the 33rd off the line.

I like that. Thirty three is one of my favorite numbers.

I've just updated my blog and Flickr stream with updates from our factory tour on July 16th, and some "almost finished" pictures Robert sent our way on Friday.

Tonight - we will be camping in our new home!

*grin*

Check the blog post about the factory tour here:

http://radven.livejournal.com/138515.html

And the pictures from Friday:

http://radven.livejournal.com/138948.html

The Flickr set is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radven/set ... 655574383/

Excitedly,

- Chris

• Moderators

Chris & Cherie,

I know that today is going to be a very special and exciting time as you check out the Uber-Oliver at the factory and head out with your new home following close behind.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! :D

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Chris & Cherie,

Wow! Your Oliver looks beautiful! I love the graphics your friend designed for you.... and the solar installation looks wonderful!

We're excited for you, and look forward to your posts after you're settled into your new Uber-Oliver.

Happy motoring!

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Oh, geeze three hours now of suspense ! I know they are super involved with Robert in the delivery area, but am still waiting to hear their first report !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Yeh, me too ! You know they are super busy. I'll bet they spent the night at the local campground while they familiarized with their new Ollie.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Dang! Don't they know how many of us are waiting as "relatives" to the birth and delivery of their new baby?? Come on guys, give us some news !!!! Chuck and I are headed to Lake Kissimmee State Park in Lake Wales FL for a few days. We may or may not have internet access.... ya'll know how that goes! I look forward to some exciting news when we get back here! Cherie, let us know how the "stripper pole" worked the first night. Geri

• Moderators

Perhaps. We had zero bars on any of our cell phones at 1000 Trails.... Or, maybe, Chris & Cherie are just settling in and enjoying their new camper & home.... As much as we miss their postings, I'm sure they're having fun...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Ok ok ok.. we'll post already! :D

Our Oliver is fantastic.. although we have encountered a few glitches that will be addressed in the morning. And yes, one of those was the cell booster not working quite right at the campground, and preventing us from getting online last night. So sorry for keeping everyone in suspense.. Our first night at the campground was great, and we had planned to stay two nights anyway.

Which is a good thing, as while we were spending the day in town we had a huge rainstorm which uncovered a small leak. The folks at Oliver are so wonderful and accommodating. Instead of us staying out at the campground in the rain with a leak, Robert just let us into the factory for the evening. (He did offer us a hotel room.. but we thought camping in a factory would be so much more fun.)

So here we are at the first ever Oliver Ralley, and y'all ain't here. Where are you?!? Out our window we can see 5 Olivers and a Casita.. we had really hoped to see more owners here.

Ok.. I gotta say. Having free reign of this huge factory all to ourselves (and a golf cart, thanks Robert!) is so freaking awesome.

- Cherie (and Chris)

Hi Chris and Cherie,

When you have time, please give us a run down of how each component of your Oliver is serving you. I am asking Robert to replicate what he did on your trailer on our trailer, especially with the solar panels, the battery monitor, the solar controller, and the cell phone amplifier. If you think any installation modifications are advisable, please let Robert and me know.

Thanks,

Doug

• Moderators

Cherie & Chris,

Thanks for the post.

Now that's an intersting boondocking site :D

Have fun today! And congratulations on your new Oliver.

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 2 weeks later...

We're finally getting a little more down time, so i had time last night to compose a virtual tour of our new uber-Oliver.

For those who would like to see it, click this link:

http://serolynne.livejournal.com/533358.html

I'll soon be integrating it into our technomadia.com website, when I have a chance to redo the site.

- Cherie

from Zion National Park, where it's a breezy 104 degrees. Our fantastic fan has been earning its keep today!