Atmos 4.4 airconditioner

Skipster

we just had our Dometic ac replaced with the atmos 4.4 unit and we are so happy

so much Quieter

now I am using the lithium batteries and I will attach a few pics.  At least when boondocking we can cool down for a couple hours on a hot afternoon. 
for us it is a huge improvenent over the Dometic our Olliver Elite came with

when th compressor cycles on each battery is showing 37 amp burn    After 1 hour battery level down to 96 %   

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1680.png

IMG_1679.png

IMG_1682.png

IMG_1683.png

IMG_1685.png

IMG_1684.png

• Like 7

skip and cyd nielsen  hull #822 Elite     tow vehicle 2017 jeep trailhawk v6 

olivermapstates.jpg.c8bd6cd2cc4fc816b40e3b1f419bc43c.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
5 hours ago, Skipster said:

At least when boondocking we can cool down for a couple hours on a hot afternoon. For us it is a huge improvenent over the Dometic our Olliver Elite came with…

Very nice, Steve! Your recent posts amaze!

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Congrats on your install and getting rid of your “Demonic penguin”. You’re going to love being able to talk on the phone, not use ear plugs to sleep, watch a little tele or listen to some music. Great mod! What BTU is the Atmos? Where you able to use the original condensate inner hull OEM Olive drain lines?

Just as an FYI I sold my Demonic to a guy who needed an AC unit for his food truck. I put it on FB market place and it sold in 3 hrs for $600.00.

• Like 3

ALAZARCOCTDEGAIDILIAKSKYMEMDMAMOMTNENHNM

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

TV 2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

Retro upgrades - Truma Aventa 13.5 AC, Alcan 5 leaf pack, Alcan HD shackles & HD wet bolts, 5200lb axles.

XPEL 10 mil PPF front both front corners, 30 lb LP tanks, Sea Biscuit Front Cargo Storage box.

North Carolina 🇺🇸

13 hours ago, Skipster said:

After 1 hour battery level down to 96 %   

Very nice upgrade, recently installed one in an OLEll as detailed in my post in Ollie Modifications. What is the total Ah of your battery bank? 

Edited by Ronbrink

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579:

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

2019 GMC Savana 2500 Cargo Van:

6.0L V8 Vortec, 6-Speed Automatic; Explorer Limited SE, Low-Top 7 Passenger van conversion, RWD.

On 9/20/2024 at 11:25 PM, Patriot said:

I put it on FB market place and it sold in 3 hrs for $600.00.

Did the unit sold for that price have a soft starter device installed? I plan to sell my Dometic with a Micro-Air Easy Start and thinking that would up the sell price somewhat. 

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579:

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

6.0L V8 Vortec, 6-Speed Automatic; Explorer Limited SE, Low-Top 7 Passenger van conversion, RWD.

2 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

Did the unit sold for that price have a soft starter device installed? I plan to sell my Dometic with a Micro-Air Easy Start and thinking that would up the sell price somewhat. 

It did, and I had no plans to remove or reuse it. Cash is king and I gave the guy a break as I pre-sold it to him like a month or so before I had our Truma installed and he kept his word on the deal. Oliver had stacks of old Dometics that folks left behind after the retro fit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

ALAZARCOCTDEGAIDILIAKSKYMEMDMAMOMTNENHNM

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

TV 2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

Retro upgrades - Truma Aventa 13.5 AC, Alcan 5 leaf pack, Alcan HD shackles & HD wet bolts, 5200lb axles.

XPEL 10 mil PPF front both front corners, 30 lb LP tanks, Sea Biscuit Front Cargo Storage box.

North Carolina 🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Patriot said:

Oliver had stacks of old Dometics that folks left behind after the retro fit.

We replaced the Dometic on the Bigfoot Class-C we had, after ours had a stuck fan. It threw a bearing and was dislodged on an angle. I unbolted the unit from inside and slid it an inch or so to be sure. Then asked my son Adam to help. I asked him to climb up on the roof and throw it down below. My single request was to hit the gravel drive ONLY. Placed on the curb in time for our city annual trash pickup. We hoisted the new unit up top using an extension ladder as a long ramp.

Can't believe anybody would pay $600 for this model! Not likely up here (slow Craigslist in our area), though perhaps if we lived down in the valley. I will pull the SoftStart off the old unit to save $300, if it's still in good condition and will work on the Atmos. Been meaning to climb up there to take a look.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 10:25 PM, Patriot said:

Congrats on your install and getting rid of your “Demonic penguin”. You’re going to love being able to talk on the phone, not use ear plugs to sleep, watch a little tele or listen to some music. Great mod! What BTU is the Atmos? Where you able to use the original condensate inner hull OEM Olive drain lines?

Just as an FYI I sold my Demonic to a guy who needed an AC unit for his food truck. I put it on FB market place and it sold in 3 hrs for $600.00.

Gave it to the tech who switched them out

• Like 3

On 9/21/2024 at 3:58 AM, Ronbrink said:

Very nice upgrade, recently installed one in an OLEll as detailed in my post in Ollie Modifications. What is the total Ah of your battery bank? 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 4:00 PM, Skipster said:

when th compressor cycles on each battery is showing 37 amp burn    After 1 hour battery level down to 96 %   

I see where your batteries were 61/62°, what was the outside ambient temperature? Trying to comprehend such as minimal battery drawdown with an hour of use; perhaps the fans were mostly running and not the compressor due to cold conditions. Also, I noticed in the video that the interior cover is mounted with the control panel end facing rearward, whereas most installations viewed has it facing forward, as specified in the installation Manual. Did you specify that orientation? I would think said panel would be much more accessible if turned around, especially with the bed in the OLEl. Regardless, the Atmos is an amazing upgrade, I share your enthusiasm! 

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579:

4 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

I see where your batteries were 61/62°, what was the outside ambient temperature? Trying to comprehend such as minimal battery drawdown with an hour of use; perhaps the fans were mostly running and not the compressor due to cold conditions.

Ron if I remember correctly, Mike @rideadeuce reported his Atmos running at 75 amps (the Dometic P2 runs at 150A, when hot outside, compressor running). I'm not sure if Mike's number was full current draw when the compressor is running or an average with some cycling. Nashville sure gets hot in the summer.

I see highs in Houston consistently at 90F this week. What readings are you getting? It would be nice to know the high amp rate compressor running and hourly AH usage on a 90F Houston afternoon with A/C set at say 76F or whatever setting you feel is comfortable.

If 75A is an average, of course that's 75AH hour. With a 260AH battery, this is near 30% SOC loss per hour. @Skipster reported 4% in one hour, so that must be on a cold 62F day running low-speed fan mainly.

It was cool. After 2 hours batteries down to 85%  when compressor kicks in it’s drawing 37 amps each battery      But so quiet, worth the money

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skipster said:

It was cool. After 2 hours batteries down to 85%  when compressor kicks in it’s drawing 37 amps each battery      But so quiet, worth the money

Assuming 2 batteries for 74A total, near 74 AH when running compressor continuously on a hot afternoon. Ty

20 hours ago, jd1923 said:

What readings are you getting?

Rodger the high humidity! My former Dometic 11,000 BTU was a little less power hungry than the 13,500 BTU units, compressor draw usually ranged from 105 to 120A; thus, percent of power consumption would be less. The Atmos compressor draw ranges from 96 to 103A  based on limited observations. 

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579:

with ac on and compressor kicked on it was drawing a total of 80 amps cooling on low.   going camping for a few days now  but won't need ac til next july

for us it is having an ac that we can actually use now that it is so much quieter

Edited by Skipster
  • Like 3

On 9/24/2024 at 10:08 AM, Skipster said:

with ac on and compressor kicked on it was drawing a total of 80 amps cooling on low.   going camping for a few days now  but won't need ac til next july

for us it is having an ac that we can actually use now that it is so much quieter

You got that right, ‘low’ is the way to ‘go’! Camped for a week in moderate ambient temps and found this energy miser mode to be sufficient to meet our cooling needs. Best of all, this light sleeper didn’t have to fuss with ear plugs! Also had an opportunity to use the heat pump with night temps dropping into the mid to upper 60s. There is an increase in noise level, but this mode heats quickly and the fan shuts down completely between cycles. Love me some Atmos!

Edited by Ronbrink
  • Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579: