New owner in Nevada

Raspy

Hello.  John and Liye here in Smith Valley, Northern Nevada.  We just purchased Elite ll, hull number 92 a week ago and are thrilled.

I squeezed it into the garage and have begun getting used to all the systems and getting it dialed in for our next trip.  By far the nicest trailer I have ever had.  Really impressed with how it tows too!  I saw my first Oliver several years ago and have wanted one ever since.

There aren't very many options on this one.   Just installed a Blu-Ray with Wifi today and I will probably put in an inverter.  I'd like to hear back from those with the cell booster and WifiRanger options.  Do they work well?

This one was delivered in August of 2015 and has the smaller brakes.  I'm wondering if Oliver went to the 5200 lb axles to get the bigger brakes on the later ones, or if they just put the larger brakes on the 3500 lb axles?  Anyone familiar with this?

Looking forward to crossing paths with you,

John

• Thanks 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

This one was delivered in August of 2015 and has the smaller brakes. I’m wondering if Oliver went to the 5200 lb axles to get the bigger brakes on the later ones, or if they just put the larger brakes on the 3500 lb axles? Anyone familiar with this?

John and Liye,

Welcome and congrats on the Ollie!!!!!

If you call Dexter with one of the axle serial numbers stamped on the axle, like the one in the following photo, they can tell you about your axle assemblies. Ours also has a sticker with capacity on it.  We purchased our used Ollie, hull 075, May 2016.

Hope this helps!

LE2

John and Liye, welcome to the family! In regards to the cell booster, I stayed at Snow Canyon SP Utah, I had absolutely NO coverage, ZERO BARS, turned on the booster and had 4G three bars, so yes I absolutely recommend it now. The one caveat is, your phone needs to be close to the indoor antenna, so I would just put it next to it and turn on the hotspot and use the laptop on wifi.

I too bought mine used, as such I have not reset the config on the wifi ranger yet.

As for the brakes, I believe I have the 10" stock brakes also, setting on the brake controller is 6 with 6.5 or 7 coming out of the mountains. On level ground much more than that locks them up to easily, so to me bigger brakes would just lock up with lower number settings. My Ollie has pretty much all the options and weighs over 6100 lbs travelling.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderators

Congrats, and welcome to the forum.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.