Tire covers

geO

I have the canvas and haven't had an issue with them. They're currently covered in snow. They're there to protect against UV rays, for the most part, so you don't really need to put them on or have then on when raining or too wet, just my experience.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

• Moderator+

geO,

By far the best idea is to never sit in one place long enough to need them...

Let's get out there and go CAMPING!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful season.

• Thanks 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

geO,

This might be a bit late - but - if you go with the canvas, do not get the cheap kind.  I bought a set from Harbor Freight several years ago and they lasted just about one season.  I then purchased the vinyl kind that have the flannel on the inside.  These have lasted several years and are OK except for where they have been "weed wacked" to death.  If you plan on using these while on the road, be aware that they can be a bit bulky and are certainly stiff when it is below 50 degrees or so.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Its when one wacks the weeds.

Using what is known as a rotary string trimmer a "lawn" maintenance person cuts or trims along a fence, sidewalk, house, or other places where it is difficult to cut "grass".  In my case, these people are "trimming" the weeds away from the area around my camper while it is in storage.  As they "trim" the weeds that are near the wheels, the "string" from the trimmer beats the hell out of the vinyl on the wheel covers.  So, I made covers for my covers from some old plywood.  It seems to have solved the problem.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"