Indispensable Tools?

Spike

Spike, you can ask for an extra bearing set to be colleced at delivery

Thanks, John, but I'm here in AZ, having taken our Ollie home last June. I'll have to go the route suggested by Bill or Mike.

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Spike,

I was a bit surprised by the $11 directly from Oliver, but I too didn't think about the spare bearings until after delivery.  I don't know how the bearings that one gets from Oliver are packaged, but the ones from Red Neck Trailers are in a nice sealed package with all the parts you need.  I've now gone over two years without needing to break open those packages and I hope that I never actually have to break the seal.  But, I believe that camping and RV'ing should be relaxing - this is simply one less thing to worry about.

Bill

p.s. Happy Easter!

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Yes, the two kits that I bought from Oliver were the Redline ones. Pre packaged with everything needed: both inside and outside bearings (cup and cone), seal, spindle nut (I think), washer, and cotter pin. I store these in a ziplock bag with desiccant bag for protection. I too hope to never need to use these while on the road.

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

• 1 month later...

In keeping with the "tools you may not necessarily think of" theme, I'm adding a 1/2" Allen wrench to the list.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/check-your-hose-attachment-fittings/#post-134672

I have an Allen set that goes that large but was definitely not planning on adding it to the Ollie toolbox until I read that thread.

• Thanks 1

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Add one of these things to the stuff you keep in your trailer. Drop something into the “matrix”

between the hulls and you will see how handy it is.

DB7A66BA-D394-43ED-B7F6-C19D74CDC146.thumb.jpeg.96092d9d1a17dd11f924941e3719674a.jpeg

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

Add one of these things to the stuff you keep in your trailer. Drop something into the “matrix”

between the hulls and you will see how handy it is.

Dropped a metal screw in an aircraft fuel tank one time, that tool was very handy retrieving the screw, too!

• Thanks 1

Bill & Debbie / 2015 LE2 #75 / 2024 F-150 5.0L / North Carolina