2019 Oliver Convection Microwave

Bauhausluv

Just got the newsletter saying the 2019 models will have a convection microwave upgrade. We desperately wanted a convection oven in our 2017 (which we picked up in December 2017). We looked everywhere for one that would fit and were told we would win the grand prize if we could find one small enough to fit. Anyone have any info on what they will be installing? And whether or not it will fit in the existing microwave spot on a 2017 model?? Super excited about this if it will fit.

I must show my ignorance (and lack of cooking skills) in regards to a convection microwave. We are building our 2019 Model upgrade list (pickup in April 2019) and now must consider this potential upgrade. Our plan was to use our Boss Oven (electric plug-in) to bake chicken, turkey, roast, you name it. Been using one at home for years. Does the Convection Microwave bring features beyond what we can do with the Boss Oven? I understand basic Microwaves - simply not familiar with Convection Microwave. I guess if the upgrade option is only a few dollars extra, we will likely go for it (already up to $70K, why back off now). I am also interested in the announcement of changing the brand of refrigerator to Norcold. Does anyone know if that represents a step up from the previous refrigerator? Also, the awning supplier has changed - same question.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

Just a FYI.

We had a problem with the built in microwave in our Casita 4 years after our trailer was built to find out the microwave was discontinued and there was no replacement that would fit. It was a major job to convert it back to a cabinet. We deleted the microwave in the Oliver and love the cabinet we got instead. Depends on how you plan to camp.

20180205_091629.thumb.jpg.45bd4e66a2be718d0e759db3c7721bcf.jpg

20180205_091558.thumb.jpg.61b1fd39e94ab6341a4ad187a7a92668.jpg

• Thanks 1

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

Hi Tom and thanks for sharing your photos of the deleted microwave and cabinet option.

I really like the additional space it gives you for storage without the microwave.  Did they offer you more choices for the front door material other than the wood (i.e. fiberglass or any of the offerings for the above storage bins- clear, mirrored or black).

What is the material used inside this cabinet, is that a wood veneer?

Also, how much storage space was gained with the option for the cabinet under the night stand drawer.

Thank you for your time and attention to my questions!

V/R,

Steve

In-Uniform.jpg.905ed18775bcda1d5dc127d79bface25.jpg

From responses on the forum elsewhere, it seems the convection microwave can not be retrofitted into previous to 2019 models. Evidently it required a mold change. How that change looks has not been shown. Whether that is why the refrigerator was changed has yet to be discussed. Seems the new oven (convection) is deeper...

Hi Tom and thanks for sharing your photos of the deleted microwave and cabinet option.

I really like the additional space it gives you for storage without the microwave. Did they offer you more choices for the front door material other than the wood (i.e. fiberglass or any of the offerings for the above storage bins- clear, mirrored or black).

What is the material used inside this cabinet, is that a wood veneer?

Also, how much storage space was gained with the option for the cabinet under the night stand drawer.

Thank you for your time and attention to my questions!

V/R,

Steve

The door was only offered in wood when we got ours. They have a few different stains and try to match it to the floor. It is made out of wood on the inside and finished off nicely. It has a rubber mat like in the cabinets for the bottom. We love it.

The nightstand door allows access to the basement. It's not much but if your not getting the table get the door.

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

Good afternoon Tom,

Thank you for your quick reply...much appreciated!  I'll inquire if they can produce the door in the micro-wave space in the same white fiberglass as other hatches or in the clear glass in the overhead compartments when I place my order.  This is very large and useful storage space...great for an Instant Pot or convection oven storage!

There's a company many Airstreamer's use called "Weathered and Worn" that produces very personal decorative Aluminum/Stainless Steel pieces.  They could probably produce a nice piece to place on your wooden cabinet door or create one to replace that wooden door if you're looking for something personal.

Steve

Steve

Thanks for the info. Actually we like the touch of wood on the door. Adds a nice contrast to all the white. I was very leary when ordering but as soon as we walked into the camper at delivery we loved it and the added space. We keep our coffee pot and insta pot both in it along with some adult beverages.

• Thanks 1

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

We also opted for the storage space instead of the microwave and we love it! It is so big and the wood does break up all the modern white/glass of the trailer. It is a great spot for large items like pots/pans, but I’ll admit we seem to use ours as the bar - it fits liquor and wine bottles great!

• Thanks 2

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

The storage space looks great and practical. I am now leaning toward not installing the microwave and getting the extra space. Seems you can purchase a small, portable, inexpensive microwave and carry it for those times might need a microwave - is this a reasonable compromise? Seems so obvious (there must be some reason it is a stupid idea, that is what I do best -come up with stupid ideas).

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

We have the cabinet option and keep a small toaster oven in there, which is more useful to us than a microwave.  But I'd at least consider a convection microwave and I'm curious what unit they're using.  I don't really know much about them though - never used one.  I assume you can use it like a conventional oven?