Hello from Kentucky

EdandNancy

Ed and Nancy here from Louisville KY. We have a scheduled pick up date for our Elite II near the end of June and are really looking forward to it. However, I wouldn't be completely honest if I said our excitement doesn't come with some reservation. Being new RV owners and all that. The wisdom and friendly advice so many of you have shared has gone a long way in alleviating much of our concern. We hope to see a great deal of our beautiful country while enjoying some long hikes and then returning to our cozy and well equipped Ollie. Maybe hike a few of the 14ers! Maybe even look under a few rocks for Fenn's Treasure in the Rockies...we just have to crack the poem first :)

Ed and Nancy Burgin

2019 Ford F-150 Lariat, 3.5 EB w/max tow package

• Moderators

Congratulations!

Wherher you have rvd before or not, the Oliver will certainly be a lot of fun. No better way to see the country than camping.

Now, the wait begins...

Welcome aboard!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Ed and Nancy, welcome and congrats on your new Ollie! We were new RV owners as well and you don’t need to be too concerned. You will learn as you go and it will be fun with interesting stories and experiences to share along the way. You’ve probably already gleaned a lot of information from here and there a plenty of owners willing to provide information and advice, so take advantage. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome, June will feel like forever.... what is your tow vehicle and which Ollie did you order?

It has been mentioned here before, but I will repeat it. For a couple with zero RV experience, it would be great to rent a small trailer, say 25 feet, locally for a week or more. Learn to maneuver in an empty parking lot, practice backing, learn how all the systems work. Dump the tanks, deploy the awning, run everything! Your Ollie’s equipment will be very similar, but by spending some time in an inferior “stick and staple” mass produced trailer, you will more appreciate the fine craftsmanship and engineering that goes into every Oliver.

Please fill out your profile and consider adding a signature describing what you drive. Do you plan to boondock out west? Got solar?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+

Ed and Nancy,

Congrats on the new Oliver.  Don't get worked up about being new at it.  Everyone of us was new at it at one time or other.  And we're all still here.  I've "only" been towing an Oliver for a little over 10 years and I feel like I'm close to getting the hang of it.  Just kidding.   You'll be a whiz in no time.  If you have questions, your best advice will come from experienced owners and we're all here to help.  Just relax and have fun.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg