frosted upper cabinet doors

Kathy

59 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Yes, I'm curious.  And, did you paint the interior,  or does the box come that way now?

I'd love to know the dimensions of your box. I  see your Magma pan carrier fits nicely, so I wonder if it's deeper than the older cabinet boxes.

I don't have the carrier, but I know my Magma pans occupy a big chunk of real estate when I  carry them in the trailer or the boat.

Sherry

Sherry,

We ordered the Ollie w/o a microwave and it came with a white gel coated fiberglass liner, like the liners in the upper and pantry cabinets and a black rubber mat.

It is 20"W x 15"H x 14"D. 

Here are some additional pictures.

Andrew

IMG_1258.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

• Thanks 1

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

• Moderators

So, the door is like the other cabinet doors? 

I wonder what the options are now? Though I  see it works fine for your storage purposes,  I don't think I'd want to try to  support or use  a toaster oven on a plexi door.  

Thanks for the photos!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Interesting . . . . . so it appears the inside of the cabinet is no longer wood.  I agree, whether it is a "vacuum formed interior like the bath caddy" or fiberglass, I would hesitate to use the toaster oven inside the cabinet.  Regardless, my original thought was to use the cabinet strictly for storage of the oven, taking it out for use.  Using the oven in the cabinet would have been nice though.

@AndrewK I assume, with the microwave in place there would have to be an electrical outlet in the space.  With the deletion of the microwave, does the cabinet still have an outlet inside?  Does it run off the inverter?

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

I think the fiberglass would be easy to clean, and probably gives you a bigger useable space than the previous wood box inserts, Andrew. And, it looks really nice!

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

13 minutes ago, Susan Huff said:

Interesting . . . . . so it appears the inside of the cabinet is no longer wood.  I agree, whether it is a "vacuum formed interior like the bath caddy" or fiberglass, I would hesitate to use the toaster oven inside the cabinet.  Regardless, my original thought was to use the cabinet strictly for storage of the oven, taking it out for use.  Using the oven in the cabinet would have been nice though.

@AndrewK I assume, with the microwave in place there would have to be an electrical outlet in the space.  With the deletion of the microwave, does the cabinet still have an outlet inside?  Does it run off the inverter?

Susan,

There is no outlet in the cabinet.

Andrew

• Thanks 1

Andrew

So is there an outlet in the upper cabinet just above the microwave space?  In mine, there’s a pass through between them so that you can plug in your toaster oven above. You can see it in the photo I posted. I don’t see one in your photo but I’d think that someone could add one easily, provided there’s an outlet above to use. 
I do like the look of both the fiberglass interior and the door. It’s much more in keeping with the rest of the trailer. 

Edited by Overland
  • Like 1

Overland,

There is an outlet in the same place yours is but there is no hole cut through from the microwave cabinet to the upper cabinet.

As you have said, I am sure it could easily be done.

Andrew

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Andrew

On 6/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, AndrewK said:

On our 2019, the Microwave cabinet is white gelcoat with a light and a frosted door that folds down like all of the others.

IMG_1186.JPG

We have the Magma as well. . . . . good to know they fit in this cabinet.  The totes are great, too.  I see you store an induction burner behind the Magma.  What brand of induction do you have and do you like it?  Except for the burner being behind everything, you could use a wire freestanding shelf over the Magma/totes; would this work if you store the burner along the side?

Happy to hear the cabinet has a light.  Did they move the outlet down from the upper cabinet so it could be from the countertop?

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Susan,

What you see behind the Magma is a cutting board and a non-stick fry pan.  We don't have an induction cooktop (no inverter).

The outlet is in the cabinet above.  There is an outlet on the bottom side of the cabinet above the kitchen counter, that comes standard.

Andrew

Andrew

On 6/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, AndrewK said:

Sherry,

We ordered the Ollie w/o a microwave and it came with a white gel coated fiberglass liner, like the liners in the upper and pantry cabinets and a black rubber mat.

It is 20"W x 15"H x 14"D. 

Here are some additional pictures.

Andrew

IMG_1258.JPG

Thanks for the measurements.  If we decide this is a good place for the Breville Mini-Smart oven, it will fit.  We don't use it much when boondocking, so might store it elsewhere and save the cabinet space for other things.

Ray and Susan Huff