Fresh water tank

Mattnan

I am looking for some advice.  We will be storing our Ollie in south Florida outside in the sun for a week.  Our water systems were just serviced by Oliver 7 days ago as part of the annual maintenance plan.  We have about half of a tank currently.  Should we drain the freshwater tank for the week or leave it full?  Thanks for your thoughts.  It will be just a week and when we pick the trailer up we will begin using all of the systems right away.  

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I wouldn’t drain it for only a week.  I’d leave it half full then fill it when you start using it again.  I’ve stored mine for a month or more with a full tank and no issues.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I'd do what Mike suggests.  But, if you have any concerns or if the water just doesn't seem right when you return, you can use THIS STUFF to freshen it up a bit.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Are you drinking the water out of the fresh tank? If so you probably should stop, then you won’t be worried about an occasional odd plastic taste. I typically leave my tank partially filled and then right before a trip I fill it and let the water run out the overflow for five minutes or more. That flushes out or dilutes most of the “stale” water. I don’t use a filter at home (chlorinated city water) but I always do when on the road.

I have been using this for three seasons and it works great.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4376-7-cup-pur-water-pitcher-fits-neatly-in-pantry-affordable-filters/

FYI replacement filters are currently in short supply, buy a three-pack when the price is down to a reasonable figure, I keep several filters in reserve for this reason.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John has some good points. Are you drinking the tank water and is it chlorinated? We fill with well water at home. We don't use it for drinking and I drain and replace the water after 1 week. I'd be more comfortable if it was filled with chlorinated city water.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Both the Pur water pitcher and the cleaning solution sound like great ideas. Thanks!

Kirk

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

We don’t drink out of our fresh tank.  I pretty much do what John does, I leave the tank (sometimes a month or two between trips) and top off with fresh water letting it overflow for a few minutes.  I do the bleach thing once a year or so.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS