Curved levelers

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Wow! Great eye, @FrankC.

Pretty sure that's Overland's Snowball. Only one without a fridge vent cut in that I  know of. And the factory experimented with the lift, but found it unsatisfactory. He posted this photo the factory sent him. 

Probably photoshopped? That black square bucket seems to be in the same spot, left streetside below bumper ...

Screenshot_20220314-150137_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e6f55012e1ad7be1fa03265ce8d0f9ec.jpg

I think you’re right that the levelers are photoshopped into the pic.  Looking more closely, you can see that the wheels have a slightly different perspective for the forward vs rearward wheel, but the images of the levelers are identical.   Makes me trust that company less if they couldn’t even bother to take an actual picture of the levelers in use on the Oliver. 

012A7B40-FECC-47F0-8EE9-857AAB6D0B98.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/12/2022 at 7:52 AM, John Welte said:

I saw a Bluetooth leveling aid that a person can mount in the trailer once the trailer has been leveled so that each time you're getting your trailer leveled at new sites,  you just watch the monitor and know when to stop riding up on the Anderson levelers.  That seemed to be a good idea. 

Yes! I have that system...it's wonderful. Do it all single-handedly and fast. Of course, you still need lift aids, but seeing when everything's level is great and seeing it from the cab of the truck as you position it.

I'll add that it also remembers how high your hitch needs to be to reconnect. That saves another jump out of the truck to check. Add a remote hitch camera and life is getting really easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Dave & Terri Mazone

2022 LII Hull #1019

TV: 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD diesel, Crew Cab (4WD)

So what's the consensus, Anderson, Carmtek, one of the other brands, does it matter? Sounds like the bluetooth system is a must have as well as the rubber mallet. The Carmtek's "teeth" seem like a good idea unless you're at a point between two of the teeth and then it might slip to the next one. I haven't used any of these so I'm still on the fence as to which brand to buy, I love the concept of the cam-style construction, seems like a great idea.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

• Moderators
9 hours ago, albert said:

So what's the consensus, Anderson, Carmtek, one of the other brands, does it matter?

I'd bet that most of us have not used both.  Therefore a direct comparison has not been done.  So, as they say, you place your bets and see what happens.🤔

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

If you are at all "handy", have the time and want to save a bit of coin HERE is a YouTube video that shows you how to make your own version of Andersen Levelers.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, John Welte said:

I saw a Bluetooth leveling aid that a person can mount in the trailer once the trailer has been leveled so that each time you're getting your trailer leveled at new sites,  you just watch the monitor and know when to stop riding up on the Anderson levelers.  That seemed to be a good idea. 

You might be referring to the LevelMate Pro.  I has this on my previous trailer and really like it. A small device is mounted in the trailer and when turned on, connects to an app on your phone. The app presents a visual of your trailer indicating which side or end is unlevel and by how much (inches). I could sit in the truck and back or pull forward onto curved lifts and watch the app adjust as the trailer moved. When leveled at 0” it also turns from red to green as visual signal. 

• Thanks 1

2019 Oliver Elite II, Hull #550  --  2019 Ram 1500 Hemi 7.4L  Big Horn

spacer.png

On 3/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, FrankC said:

So whose Oliver is in this photo on Amazon for these levelers?

CD72AA68-D742-4E87-967E-0696A2DE3E7F.jpeg

I picture the tire riding up the curve,  but can't understand how a person could get the tire up as the picture shows.   The trailer would need to be lifted up by a crane and placed that way unless I am missing something. 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I picture the tire riding up the curve,  but can't understand how a person could get the tire up as the picture shows.   The trailer would need to be lifted up by a crane and placed that way unless I am missing something. 

Yeah, the picture isn’t quite accurate since they were probably photoshopped.  There are two pieces to each leveler.  The curved ramp piece that you drive on to, and then the separate wedge piece that locks into place to keep things from shifting, but yeah, I would think that normally the center of the tire would be located more directly above the point where the curved ramp touches the ground, like the photo below of the Andersen levelers, although they could have also rolled the trailer forward a little bit after putting the wedge in place. 

71D0E9D3-CF5B-4EB6-B963-F79068118EB5.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1