Annual Maintenance & Tire Pressure Check & TPMS

1. Part of Annual Maintenance is to Check Tire PSI.
  2. We have TPMS on our tires.
  3. At last year's Maintenance service, per the invoice the PSI was not checked due to our TPMS.
  4. The TPMS keeps track of PSI. 
  5. We can remove the TPMS upon arrival at the service center. If you remove your TPMS, how do you keep track of each sensor to its tire.
  6. What do people do? I know many have TPMS.
  7. I would like Oliver to be able to check the PSI as we believe one tire may be low.
  8. Maybe I am being overly concerned about something of little consequence.

ty

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sgcausey said:

We can remove the TPMS upon arrival at the service center. If you remove your TPMS, how do you keep track of each sensor to its tire.

I have placed a small number (1-5) on the inside of each of my tire sensors and then coated these numbers with clear nail polish so that the number stays put and does not wear off or come off.  I then marked in my TPMS owner's manual which tire went with which numbered sensor.  This way it is easy to get the right sensor back on the right tire in the event of removal.

Bill

p.s. if you'd like a picture of this just let me know.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

TST supplied little stickers and, like Bill, I have stickers on each monitor so I know which one goes where.  Actually, I’ve never had them all off at once.  If your TPMS is telling you that one tire is low, I would remove the sensor and check with a gauge then fill if necessary.  I carry a small tire compressor I got at Lowes a few years ago.  It doesn’t fill fast but is good for “top offs” when necessary.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I numbered each sensor cap using a white paint stick. I numbered them in such a fashion that I would not forget where they go.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, dewdev said:

I numbered them in such a fashion that I would not forget where they go.

Obviously you are still a bit younger versus some of us!😇

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Not really, probably as old as most.

I just marked them for instance:

DF which stands for Driverside, Front.

Can't forget that type of marking.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
On 4/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, sgcausey said:

If you remove your TPMS, how do you keep track of each sensor to its tire.

Although my TPMS sensors were marked at the time of the original installation, if I install them one at a time, the monitor shows the location of the sensor I just installed.  Then I could mark them using dewdev’s labeling method or move them to the correct tire if they are already marked.  Or you can clear the monitor memory and reprogram the system.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”