Quick & dirty AC test with Platinum Lithium package

I’m home, in hot, humid Myrtle Beach SC area. I have the 630ah/340w on my 2022 Elite 2…soft start on the AC. I ran a quick & dirty test last week, ambient temp in low 90’s, camper fully closed & in full sunlight.

I started at 100% SOC, and set the thermostat to 80 degrees/automatic…kept the blackout shades closed.

Ran the AC as stated above for 5 hours, 3-8pm, charge dropped to appx. 40%.

I replaced about 10%  charge per day, so I was just over 50% on Friday, 60% Saturday, with no power consumption….I did the same full-sun run in the AC on Sunday, started at 60% SOC, ambient temps were about the same. 4 hours of use saw the SOC drop to 18% & 20%.

I plugged into shore power and the batteries were at 100% SOC in 3 hours.

Far from a  scientific test, but I was surprised how well the batteries handled the challenge and how quickly they recovered.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie”

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

That is interesting. It seems this may be evidence that portable solar panels may be useful to some people. I am hoping more than double my solar power production using solar panels. 

Thanks for posting the information!

Kirk

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, 8 foot bed with overland conversion.

Elite 2 before the end of 2022!

So, very rough estimate, the AC used approx. 10% SOC per hour and your solar replaced that 10% the next day. In theory then, someone in similar weather could probably run the AC for 1/2 hour each night to cool the cabin off before bed and recoup that power (and some other power used) the next day. Looking forward to trying this when we get our Ollie!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.e6391b9064a3f8f0951751f985664135.jpg

I may get portable panels, I’ve used them with a big Goal Zero lithium power station….it just isn’t much fun to stay around camp moving solar panels to optimize their output(ask me how I know, Lol). I have a Honda 2200i with a Hutch Mountain propane conversion, quiet, simple & it is under 50 pounds, and will run forever on the 30 pound propane tanks.

I think weight & size wise,  the generator vs. 200 or more watts of portable solar may be a wash. YMMV!

• Like 1

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie”

2010 Toyota Sequoia