Campground availability

topgun2

• Moderators

Its that time of year again when the serious summer travel season planning really gets going.

With many of the campgrounds on Recreation.gov you can not make reservations sooner than 6 months out from your first day of arrival at the campground.  Since this year I plan to arrive at my first (of many) campgrounds on a Saturday and since it is the first place that I'll stay for more than overnight, I planned to make a reservation.  So, while normally in this situation I would get up early and get my reservation into the system as soon as I can, I forgot and didn't get this done until late afternoon.  Unfortunately, my first choice of campgrounds (let alone actual site) has only 8 sites and all of them were booked!  My second choice of campgrounds was also booked!  And, while I did get a site in my third choice, there were only three sites left out of 22 total.

Thankfully, for the balance of my two month trip there are only two other campgrounds where I will (hopefully) get reservations.  The balance will all be boondocking spots.

Bill

• Wow 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We made all of our June/July Colorado reservations while on this current trip to Arizona the last few weeks.  We were fortunate to get reservations where we wanted and when we wanted.  If we had waited until we got home in a few weeks we would have been out of luck!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Not sure how many reservation systems it has in its database, but this is a Godsend for trying to book in Florida. We were able to successfully get 2 night reservations at multiple nice and hard to get campgrounds last week using this website. I love it. Im hesitant to share it with anyone, but everyone here deserves this site!

https://wanderinglabs.com/

• Like 9

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull 762 | 2018 F150 3.5L Ecoboost V6 w/ Max Tow package

16 hours ago, jordanv said:

Not sure how many reservation systems it has in its database, but this is a Godsend for trying to book in Florida. We were able to successfully get 2 night reservations at multiple nice and hard to get campgrounds last week using this website. I love it. Im hesitant to share it with anyone, but everyone here deserves this site!

https://wanderinglabs.com/

Thank you for sharing! 👍🏻

-Patriot 🇺🇸

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg