Ventilation to the closet

Mainiac

Oliver has considered adding ventilation to the closet. Does anyone see a pressing need? For what purpose? To add heat? Someone storing wet gear in there. It is just I haven't heard of anyone, in 7 years, express a need for. Wonder what I may be missing...

ALL the dead air spaces need proper ventilation, the closet, pantry, under the dinette, overhead cabinets, the bathroom. It evens out temperature variations, reduces the likelihood of mildew if you are unlucky enough to live east of the Rockies, reduces heat stress on the electronics like your inverter and batteries.

I wish the furnace fan could easily be run on a very low “fan only” speed, that would really help in stinky hot weather to pull all the trapped heat out of the dead spaces... The more holes, the better, in an Ollie.

IMHO.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

We added vents to the closet, first year.

We live in Florida.  Airflow is always a critical thought. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Oliver has considered adding ventilation to the closet. Does anyone see a pressing need? For what purpose? To add heat?

I just added two 4" vents, one high and one low, to the closet in our Hull #1291.  It cost me about $20 (I already had the necessary 4" hole saw and cordless vac) and took about 1.5 hours.

We wanted to better heat the closet in cold temps, and to increase air flow to limit mold and mildew formation when in moist environments (like one of our favorite vacation spots, the Oregon coast).  My tests yesterday confirmed much better warming by the furnace in cold temps.  We expect the better air flow will also help prevent mold and/or mildew formation when we visit the Oregon coast this April.  Worth the limited investment of $$$ and time to me.

See this thread:

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg