has anyone tried the new Dometic fresh jet 2200?

Roadlotus

Camping World description for Dometic Freshjet 3  states that Dometic heat strip accessory can be added with Universal ADB.   It also mentions that Dometic SmartStart can be added to allow 2000W generators to be used.   As already mentioned, the unit bolts right on without mods to the trailer body, uses the existing condensate drain lines, ADB, and thermostat, and is very quiet.  Extensive dealer service network.   I don’t need the heat strip as I use a small portable heater when on shore power.    This checks all the boxes for me.  Comments?

Dometic Freshjet 3 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
On 5/26/2023 at 1:46 PM, Frank C said:

No heat strip in the new Dometic freshJet?  I didn’t see it mentioned in the features.  Our old Dometic has the electric heat strip which we use quite often for just getting the interior warmed up a bit on cold mornings when we are at a campground with shore power instead of burning propane to run the furnace.  

From Camping World-

NOTE: For those who require a non-ducted heat strip application on the FreshJet 3 AC, it has been approved that you can use the Dometic Non-Ducted Heat Strip Kit (item 72431) installed in the Universal Air Distribution Box (item 69943).

Camping World FreshJet 3 Series product info

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

44 minutes ago, Hokieman said:

Camping World description for Dometic Freshjet 3  states that Dometic heat strip accessory can be added with Universal ADB.   It also mentions that Dometic SmartStart can be added to allow 2000W generators to be used.   As already mentioned, the unit bolts right on without mods to the trailer body, uses the existing condensate drain lines, ADB, and thermostat, and is very quiet.  Extensive dealer service network.   I don’t need the heat strip as I use a small portable heater when on shore power.    This checks all the boxes for me.  Comments?

Dometic Freshjet 3 

Beat me to it! Sorry I missed your post...

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 5:00 PM, rangered said:

Happy to report that I have installed the Dometic FreshJet air conditioner on my Oliver this week.

The install was fairly easy only taking a couple hours for two of us to complete. I rigged up a 3 to 1 pulley system in my workshop to lift up and remove the old noisey Penguin model. The new FreshJet is significantly lighter than the old unit, and a friend and I were able to stand on some scaffolding and lift it up and onto the Oliver. The wiring connections were easy to complete using the existing thermostat control box.

I purchased the FreshJet 3 Series from RV Parts Country;  $896.00 plus $124.00 shipping.

So far my wife and I are happy with the performance of the FreshJet, it quickly brought down the indoor temperature and humidity on a hot Tennessee summer day. Best of all is the difference in the sound levels between the old and new units (69db versus 52db).

Many thanks to @RoadLotus for researching the FreshJet and making everyone aware of this quiet AC option for the Oliver.

IMG_1653.jpeg

image000000.jpg

In your picture the freshjet looks to be a lot taller than the original noisy Dometic. Is that correct?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine