A Return to the Wind River Range in Wyoming

routlaw

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Forgot to include one image of our Ollie in the campground, so it's attached below with Osborn Mountain providing the backdrop. BTW the campground is actually fairly nice about 35 or so campsites, each one spaced far apart and some of them quite huge by comparison to many other public USFS or BLM campgrounds. In two different years of being in there I am fairly certain we have not seen it fill up and this in mid July. Suffice it to say the road in is a deterrent but make no mistake RV's are in there everything from 5th wheels to tents. 

IMG_1009.thumb.jpg.5e6a9c021fde3cc0002bceff7be7244c.jpg

• Like 10

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

So very beautiful,  @routlaw! Worth the time, and extra preparation,  I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing with us. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

What a gorgeous place!  Wind River Range is on my list.  Is the campground called “Green River Lakes”?  Would you mind sharing a link?

mb

• Like 2

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

3 hours ago, VBistro said:

What a gorgeous place!  Wind River Range is on my list.  Is the campground called “Green River Lakes”?  Would you mind sharing a link?

mb

Yes Green River Lakes. Link to what? Be glad to just not certain what you are referring to in this case for a link. FYI the area is located north of Pinedale, WY and while not that far via miles it is a slow go due to two hours of dirt road driving towing. Beartooth Publishing here in Bozeman produces an excellent weather proof GPS map of the "Winds" well worth the money. I'm sure you could purchase via them directly or probably Amazon. Gaia and Alltrails are also very good resources. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Wonderful photos! Thank you for posting. This is a magnificent area. I have been in the Wind Rivers on horseback, but not yet in the Ollie. I know what you mean about that road. It takes patience. Also, be prepared for snow at virtually any time of year. We had a snowstorm on July 4 one time when we were in that area. As a friend from Wyoming put it about that neck of the woods, if summer falls on a weekend, let's have a picnic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

TV:  2008 F-350 Crew Cab, 6.4L diesel, 4WD, custom flatbed with storage boxes, Line-X underbody coating      OLLIE:  2022 OE1 Hull 885, Lithium batteries (260AH), 230W solar panels, 2000W Pro inverter, Dometic AC w/Easy Start, Truma Tankless Comfort water heater

ALAZARCACOGAILKSKYMONVNMNCOKSCTNTXUTsm.j

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them. It truly is beautiful area, and that road keeps it from ever becoming over crowded or loved to death. Love the quote. Up in our neck of the woods I laugh and call it all both days of summer. 

• Like 4

Legacy Elite II #70