Black water hose clamp loose

Kgoodusav

Well, forgot to check the hose clamps for the black water pipe hose clamps to make sure they were tight after the last winter & came back from a hike to find water or something coming out of the rear of the Oliver. 
it was an easy fix after I determined what the liquid was 🫨

tightened everything up & no more leak👏🏻

but now how do I clean out all the urine from the channels??? I tried pouring a little water & pine sol & raised the front of the trailer & then put a fan in the dinette basement but it still a little stinky!!

help

• Care 1
  • Wow 4

Dallas, Texas

Legacy Elite II  Hull #77

Toyota Tundra Crew Max 1794

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
13 hours ago, Kgoodusav said:

but now how do I clean out all the urine from the channels??? I tried pouring a little water & pine sol & raised the front of the trailer & then put a fan in the dinette basement but it still a little stinky!!

When the clamp that holds the black tank sewer line to the rubber connector piece under my dinette seat broke a couple of years ago I spent a fair amount of time even finding where "THAT" odor was coming from.  Once found and the clamp replaced I had the same basic problem that you now face.  After trying the usual Pine Sol scrubbing thing I resorted to waiting for a hot dry day, parked the Ollie in the sun and then I hosed out the area in question.  Note here that I didn't go crazy with the hose or the pressure.  Just a nice steady stream to make sure that everything in that area got thoroughly rinsed.  Then more Pine Sol and repeat the spraying.  Finally, about three days in the hot sun with all things opened up and fans blowing I was done.

Good luck!

Bill

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

After reading this post, I am even more glad I have a composting toilet and not deal with liquid in the black tank. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

14 hours ago, Kgoodusav said:

I tried pouring a little water & pine sol

Try OdoBan, I use it to eliminate lingering fish odors in my skiff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

Was the leak from the connection within the trailer or where the flex hoses connect to the rigid pipe that comes out of sewer compartment at the rear, but outside the trailer body?

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators
17 hours ago, SNY SD UP said:

Was the leak from the connection within the trailer or where the flex hoses connect to the rigid pipe that comes out of sewer compartment at the rear, but outside the trailer body?

Good question -

My leak (as I mentioned) was under the dinette seat nearest the bath.  There is a small section of "rubber" that connects to two sections of black sewer pipe under that seat.  This rubber section is held in place with a standard stainless steel hose clamps similar to THIS.

Apparently the screw tightening device on the clamp gave up the ghost thus causing the clamp to loosen/fail.  Since I was on the road at the time (near West Yellowstone, MT) the first thing I did after determining the location of the leak was to simply try to tighten the clamp.  Unfortunately, that did work in that turning the screw on the clamp did nothing at all.  The good news is that the ACE Hardware store in West Yellowstone had a clamp that was very simple to install.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"