Cellular Antenna Adhesive

Tom and Doreen

My cellular antenna has become unattached from the roof, holding on only by the attached cable.  It appears that it was attached by some sort of adhesive only.  Does anyone know what type of adhesive I should use to reattach it?  Would exterior double sided tape work? What does the factory use? 

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • 5 weeks later...

Sorry, just seeing this a month later...

I would use 3M VHB 4950 tape. You must clean ALL old adhesive, down to bare metal or plastic, clean with alcohol on both surfaces. I get so many products with two-sided tape included and if the mount is important, I throw it out and use the 3M product.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

16 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I would use 3M VHB 4950 tape.

Hi John, yes I believe this is what Oliver recommends.  Unfortunately I couldn’t find it locally and was leaving on a trip so I ended up using ext/int Gorilla double sided tape. We traveled from CT to PA to VA to SC and back and encountered rain, sleet, and heat along the way with no problems.  This may not be the best solution but I don’t believe that the antenna will detach again. 

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Like 1

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg