Silicone Sealant Discoloration

Fargoman

Last year after replacing the rear egress window (Problem with rear egress window, 10/28/22), I removed the original caulking from all the windows and resealed with silicone sealant. The sealant on the rear streetside window and the rear emergency egress window became discolored within three weeks of application, even though my Ollie is stored indoors. The sealant on all the other windows remained a brilliant white color. I used the same tube of silicone sealant on all of the windows, so that rules out a bad tube of silicone sealant.

I'm going to replace the discolored sealant on those two windows because I don't like the way it looks, but before doing so I'd like to understand why the discoloration occurred so I don't replicate the problem. Any advice?

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3581.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I washed the trailer and applied Rejex about a month after the discoloration began. The fact that only these two windows had discolored sealant is the puzzling thing.

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Before you re-apply the GE silicone, I would contact Oliver service and find out the exact sealant they use.  The sealant they use returns to bright white after a light scrubbing with Roll Off and a microfiber cloth.  I don't have the exact brand and product they sent me when I replaced the bathroom window or I would send you a pic.

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

There's a thread about this somewhere. Did you travel shortly after applying the sealant? Our rear window sealant, new from the factory, did that on the way home from Hohenwald. Apparently, street grime stuck to it. I haven't been successful cleaning it, either.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

We did not travel with the Ollie for several months after resealing the windows,, so the discoloration is not due to road grime. When we returned home from collecting our Ollie at Hohenwald, there was road grime on the window caulking, but it came off with careful gentle scrubbing, except for the original caulking on the rear sstreetside window.