XANTREX FREEDOM XC PRO 3000 INVERTER/CHARGER

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

BTW, in the picture above, does anybody understand the term "REVERSE BATTERY FUSES?" What are they, where are they located? I have not had time to research this and have not previously read this terminology in other RV manuals.

I'll give it a shot even though I'm certainly not in the league of you electrician types.

This/these fuses will "blow" if you reverse the positive/negative cables by mistake.  Many years ago I did this and even though I replaced the blown fuse in the old RV, I neglected to even think that there just might be one of these in my Tacoma too.  Fast forward a couple of weeks and I'm scrambling to figure out why the Taco is not charging the RV batteries.  Fast forward another three days and I came upon another blown fuse in the Taco.  Strange - now everything works as it should!

Bill

Edited by topgun2
spelling
  • Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

@Ronbrink   Any display that is on may be running on 12v, such as the smart shunt's Bluetooth radio you are communicating with while viewing the Victron Connect app.  The propane/CO Detector is always on for safety reasons.  The only way that comes to mind is a DC clamp on meter and start testing circuits.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

3 hours ago, jd1923 said:

does anybody understand the term "REVERSE BATTERY FUSES?"

I don’t know about that, but my Oliver has a ‘reverse polarity fuse’ under the street side bed next to the 60A breaker for the DC buss bar. I purposely have the breaker tripped in this pic, the red rubber boot next to the breaker is said fuse.

IMG_5206.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

3 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

That said, in theory if you turn off/ flip the main breaker or master switch, you should be killing all battery power. 

In theory, if you turn off the main manual reset breaker powering the inverter/charger and similar breaker powering the DC buss, you will be killing all battery power. 

IMG_5199.thumb.png.de52bfd8ae023308d39c7c80e5240dbe.png

Mystery solved! By manually tripping the 200A breaker shown in the upper right-hand corner and the 60A breaker in the lower left-hand corner of the below pic, the battery bank is totally isolated; thus no 12V power draw from the batteries by the Oliver, as evidenced by the above VictronConnect screenshot. 

IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.4ff83f8c3462874a3c3df3065a1be2b7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

OK, I'll buy that you are killing the battery bay bank. 

But then, have you not seen your tail lights very faintly when you think EVERYTHING is off?  Just saying lots of opportunities that could come into play.  

Glad you figured it out.  

What does the reverse power fuse/breaker do for us?  Thanks

GJ

• Thanks 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

What does the reverse power fuse/breaker do for us? 

jd1923 cited some reading material in an earlier post:  Should Inverter Be On When Plugged Into Shore Power? Ultimate Answer (rvgoer.com). In reading, I was directed to other articles by this author and came upon the following:

IMG_6521.thumb.png.4ea856347c00702d8110bf96cc0d049b.png

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4