Roadpass

HDRider

I went to Campendium today and it said it will soon be requiring a Roadpass login.  So, I went to Roadpass.

https://www.campendium.com/

https://roadpass.com/

Does anyone here use Roadpass?  I tried to figure out what it was by looking at their website.  I did not find that helpful.  What is Roadpass?

What is the connection between Campendium and Roadpass?

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

HDR- 

"Google", "does roadpass own compendium" and  you will get the answers to most of your questions.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Roadpass Pro is a paid membership that unlocks Premium features in both Campendium and  Roadtrippers.

Campendium is the leading campground listings and review site, focused on supporting a diverse community of recreational campers and full-time travelers. Campendium makes the search for your next place to camp easy, and includes reviews for paid and free camping and dump stations.

Roadtrippers is the #1 road trip planning tool. Roadtrippers helps people discover the world around them in an entirely new way by streamlining discovery, planning, booking, and navigation into an engaging and intuitive process.

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HDRider said:

I am still unclear as to what Roadpass is.

To quote Google - 

"A Roadpass account is a single login (email and password) that you can use across our RV and road travel apps. Think of it like an Apple ID or a Google login. It's one secure account you can use to sign into more than one place - fewer logins to remember!Nov 17, 2023"

Bill

p.s.  The cynic in me also says that it just might be a way to get more money from you and me - particularly for the "pro" or "premium" apps and/or services provided.🤔 

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
8 hours ago, HDRider said:

Does anyone here use Roadpass? 

I have been a Campendium user for several years.  Last year they changed their membership policy and I added Roadtripper to my account.  Roadtripper is a trip planning app. Roadpass is the key to enter into their premium membership program features.  I use Campendium to find campgrounds and Roadtripper to plan my route and find things of interest along the way.

Is it worth the money? I try not to help people spend their money so I won’t say, but I will renew my membership next month.  After all, someone has to stimulate the economy.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

We have used Campendium for years at no cost. Recently, Chris paid for an account for additional benefits.  

Last thing you need is a pass from some app/website to get into another! Looks like the common scheme to get new accounts by linking prospects to some other service. Like the 100s of reseller websites that sell your going through them to buy insurance!!!

Buyer beware and stay away! OMG, this world could do without prostitutes and the marketing profession which is far WORSE! At least with the prostitute, you know what you are buying!

• Haha 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

On the subject of finding places to stay, we've been extremely please with HipCamp, it's sort of the Air BnB of camping. You sign up for it, make a profile, then you get to rate the camping locations and they get to rate you. It can vary from an actual campground (rarely) to someone's driveway, or a field. We've stayed at a horse property, a farm that had a section of their pasture set aside for campers, there's a place outside of Hays KS that's 2500 acres on the Saline river with about 30 sites that are all about 500-1,000 feet apart from each other. Hookups vary too, from none to full hookups, prices vary as well, we've paid as little as $15/night up to $50 or more a night. The places are overall very clean and conducive to having a peaceful stay. We had tried boondockers.com, they were OK but we like HipCamp better.

albert

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas