Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/29/2016 in Posts

  1. I'm late to this discussion, but I have information to share. My 2016 Elite II has the standard water heater. I talked to Jason Essary yesterday about possibly installing the tankless water heater when I visit the factory after the 2017 rally. The major advantage of the tankless heater is that you don't have to wait for the water heater to heat water for a shower, washing dishes, etc. when you first establish a camp. That's about it in terms of performance. Once the water is hot in the standard water heater, you only wait a couple of seconds more for hot water to flow through your shower or faucet. Based on that info, I decided to stick with my standard water heater. I use propane to heat the water quickly even if I have an electrical hookup. It rarely takes more than 45 minutes or so. If I need to replace my water heater in the future, I'll consider the tankless heater, but I won't spend the money to replace a functioning water heater.
    1 point
  2. There are three models of Truma AquaGo water heaters: Truma AquaGo Basic, Truma AquaGo Comfort, and Truma AquaGo Comfort Plus. I believe only the Truma AquaGo Comfort Plus has the recirculation feature. The unit installed on my Ollie is the Truma AquaGo Comfort model. No recirculation. Having never camped in a trailer with a regular 6 gallon water heater, I cannot compare. I can say we were quite happy with this heater, when we had hookups and took regular showers! From my limited use so far, the hot water arrived pretty quickly at the taps.
    1 point
  3. Buzzy, Interesting point and I don't think that it "hijacks" the thread at all. OTT's willingness to not only fix things, improve things and go the extra mile seems to be in direct contrast to most of the rest of the RV industry. When I dropped off Twist for some warranty issues back in late August, Tommy told me that they would also be doing some additional work. In asking for more specifics on this he told me that the main battery cables would be replaced (I think he said that they were increasing the gauge of these cables to 4). It seems that in conjunction with the solar equipment manufacturer(s) they had determined that there was a minor voltage drop that could be prevented (reduced) with these new cables. In thinking about this I was very pleased that OTT would go to this length to "make things" as good as they could be. However, I also thought about what might I be missing if I had not taken Twist in for other work. For my purposes I do not think that these larger cables make much (if any) difference. But, are there other "upgrades" that might mean something to me, even if I have to pay for them? Given that I do not know what I do not know, how am I supposed to know - if you know what I mean? Certainly it would take a fair amount of time and effort for the folks at OTT to "publish" this kind of material/data. I think that this type of thing is one of the greatest benefits of this Forum. It allows for the distribution of information without a great deal of effort being placed on the shoulders of any one party. Of course, the down side is that one has to be somewhat active on the Forum and have enough knowledge to know just what things might apply to their situation. This is not necessarily an easy task either. For me, the bottom line is that I am more than happy to work with a company that not only produces what I believe to be about the best there is but also does what they can to make sure that the product remains as good as they can make it. As you have said - being familiar with, understanding your camper and its systems, and having a good base knowledge all help in making for a better experience. Having someone at OTT that could "post information" etc. would certainly be very useful and even extend the lead that they already have on being the best. Bill
    1 point
  4. Hitch weight or the weight on the tongue of the hitch will vary depending on many factors including what's in your Oliver and how the load is distributed. Like many Oliver owners, I've spent time at the CAT scales. I determined that my hitch or tongue weight was 500 lbs. when my camper weighed in at 4,920 lbs. Fully loaded for a camping trip with the black, grey and fresh water tanks partially full, I weigh in at about 5,100 lbs. I have to keep the tongue or hitch weight at 660 lbs. or less to tow it with my Touareg. One thing to pay close attention to is how level your Oliver is when it's hitched to your tow vehicle and ready for travel. You want it as level as possible!
    1 point
  5. We have a roof on poles that the previous owner built. Of course every time we bought a different horse trailer, we had to raise the roof, and when we bought the Ollie, the roof had to go up again. The top had some old dirty green panels that did not let much light through, so I replaced 4 of the panels with clear ones that still lets the solar panels keep the batteries charged. It would be nice if the roof was another 5' longer, but it's what I have. Keeps the leaves and tree junk off most of the trailer. Stan
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information