Anyone have any idea why my water pressure is dropping off.  I suspect it might be calcification and may need a vinegar cleaning.  Anyone had this problem or a bad water pump?

2017 elite 2, 415 days of camping/usage 😊

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
12 hours ago, Oliver176 said:

2017 elite 2, 415 days of camping/usage

Have you consistently used an inline water filter and water softener?  If not, sanitizing the plumbing is overdue. 

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

14 hours ago, Oliver176 said:

Anyone have any idea why my water pressure is dropping off.  I suspect it might be calcification and may need a vinegar cleaning.  Anyone had this problem or a bad water pump?

2017 elite 2, 415 days of camping/usage 😊

I had that happen recently and it was caused by calcification in the flow restrictor / check valve assembly. Soaking both assemblies in vinegar for 20 min solved the problem. In my case the low pressure was only when using the city water. Worked perfectly off the fresh tank.

• Like 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Oliver176 said:

Thanks, where is the flow restrictor/check valve located?

In my 2016 the check valve is is in the basement against the back of the trailer.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

10 hours ago, CRM said:

I had that happen recently and it was caused by calcification in the flow restrictor / check valve assembly. Soaking both assemblies in vinegar for 20 min solved the problem. In my case the low pressure was only when using the city water. Worked perfectly off the fresh tank.

@CRM, if your are experiencing low water pressure when NOT connected to city water, but using the water pump to draw from the fresh tank, then check the filter on the input to the water pump.  I recently was investigating an issue where the pump would not draw water from the fresh tank.  Upon checking the filter at the input to the pump, I found it clogged with a slimy residue (see attached photo.  I removed the fine wire mesh from the filter housing and washed both with Dawn dish detergent.  Water flow is much improved with a clean filter.  

IMG_3696.jpeg

• Like 4

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d