dometic air conditioner on hull number 822

it started making a bad noise like a fan was grinding then quit.    rather than repair it we would like to replace it with a unit that is quieter.   we can't use it because its too loud.  I turned it on last week and now it just shuts down and no fan comes on.   I've looked at different threads on ac replacement but need advice.

skip and cyd nielsen  hull #822 Elite     tow vehicle 2017 jeep trailhawk v6 

olivermapstates.jpg.c8bd6cd2cc4fc816b40e3b1f419bc43c.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
18 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

I believe @Ronbrink is working his installation any day now!

The shipment was delayed, I decided to have SDG install the SoftStartRV; should ship this coming week.

• Like 3

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

hey thanks so much for the website etc.    now to find a rv repair service in bozeman that could order install the unit on our ollie #822.     

map states.jpg

ABBCsm.jpg

skip and cyd nielsen  hull #822 Elite     tow vehicle 2017 jeep trailhawk v6 

olivermapstates.jpg.c8bd6cd2cc4fc816b40e3b1f419bc43c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It is my opinion that when Houghton gets around to offering a remote thermistor and low speed fan cut off relay as standard OEM option, they clearly will have the best unit on the market.  It is exceptionally well built, super quiet and energy efficient.  I believe the best unit out there.

There are two mods that can be done that totally resolve the humidity issue caused by their Set 2 design.  However, they require HVAC and Electrical skills that are well beyond most owners.  One OOPs and you have voided the warranty and are most likely hosed......

So, until then, for general use, I suggest doing a good technical spec side by side study of the options. Then carefully read and question lots of reviews.  Most importantly delay buying a unit that is new to the market.    Being a first adopter has unforeseen risks.

J

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

It is my opinion that when Houghton gets around to offering a remote thermistor and low speed fan cut off relay as standard OEM option, they clearly will have the best unit on the market.  It is exceptionally well built, super quiet and energy efficient.  I believe the best unit out there.

There are two mods that can be done that totally resolve the humidity issue caused by their Set 2 design.  However, they require HVAC and Electrical skills that are well beyond most owners.  One OOPs and you have voided the warranty and are most likely hosed......

So, until then, for general use, I suggest doing a good technical spec side by side study of the options. Then carefully read and question lots of reviews.  Most importantly delay buying a unit that is new to the market.    Being a first adopter has unforeseen risks.

J

All they'd have to do is produce an optional control board- one that has DIP switches where you could select between utilizing the built in thermistor and an external thermostat and one to select between an always on fan or only on when compressor running. I'd buy one of their units tomorrow, and I bet they'd get a lot of sales of those upgraded control boards, too...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.