Found an Ollie and brought it home

snowlakemike

I was leaving the gym in Holly Springs, MS about 4:30 pm yesterday, October 30th.  As I went out the door, I looked across I-22 (Hwy 78) and saw what appeared to be an Ollie circling the Walmart parking lot. I naturally had to investigate. I drove to Walmart and found the Ollie there. It was a brand new Hull 199 headed home to Texas. I flagged Don and Ginger down and they stopped to see what I wanted.  I could see there concern as I walked up..likely wondering..."what is this guy doing?  Is he going to chase us off?".

I introduced myself, and soon learned that they had misgivings about spending the night at this particular Walmart. (It is an older store, in a poor neighbrhood, closes early, and has zero security).  I told them that I didn't blame them, but could really only recommend one parking spot nearby-my house. So I brought them home, alerting the wife by phone as we caravaned.

Spent a few hours with the new owners, talking towing, hitching, campsites, discount clubs, and reviewing the upgrades Ollie has made since manufacture of my Hull 64. Such a fun evening welcoming new family members into our (yours and my) Ollie family and our (my) home. By the way, I was most impressed with all I have learned since I picked up my Ollie (from Trumpet Guy) in Sept 2016.

Good luck, Don and Ginger!

• Thanks 6

Mike and Elizabeth Smith

Snow Lake Shores, MS

2016 Ford F150 3.5 EB, max tow (20,900  miles pulling Ollie since Sept 2016)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

What a wonderful story. And you and your wife are so hospitable.

Thanks for the share. You made my day.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I love hearing stories like this! They sure were blessed to have you find them and give them a place of peace to rest for the night.

Moments like that remind me of the olden days when people were full of courage and integrity.

Not that I am old - barely pushing 35 here, maybe I am just an old soul.

Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 2

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules