Stepping Into The Light

Wroady

Hello all. Like many I have been lurking here for some time but figured now was a good time to introduce myself. My name is Rodney, my wife is René. We currently live in the Southern Pines area of North Carolina. Our plan is to buy our Ollie in the next 12-18 months. We have never owned a trailer but I have spent a lot of time living outdoors and René has embraced camping these last few years which has been great for me. I will be retiring from the military next spring after 26 years. René is a retail pharmacy manager and to say we are both ready for a change in pace would be an understatement. Our long term plan is to move back to Michigan, seriously downsize our life and spend a lot of time touring this great country of ours. I have truly appreciated all the information shared on this forum. While buying an Ollie is a serious investment, I have always believed in making an investment in quality products once. The open dialog here has more than convinced me that Oliver will deliver quality. I look forward to learning more and hope that I can contribute along the line as well.

• Thanks 1

Welcome Rodney & René :)

You've made the right choice.

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

Welcome from fellow Michiganders.  We fell in love with Olivers two years ago and put over 31,000 miles on ours since pickup.  We've had other fiberglass trailers in the past - now we have the best.

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

• Moderators

Rodney and René, welcome!  We are retired military too and have been enjoying our Oliver as we travel the country. All questions are good questions here, so ask away!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Wroady - You've seen the light (in more ways than one).  Retirement is a GOOD thing for finally finding out how to really live.  Hopefully your "new" life will bring many miles of joy - you certainly are planning on starting it off on the right foot.

Welcome!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome Rodney & Rene!

Good to hear that you are no longer lurking!

Kathy & Clair

(Born and raised in Michigan)

Clair & Kathy Reed - plus our travel companion: Emma

2017 Legacy Elite II - Hull# 245

2014 Ram 1500 3.0 V6 Eco-diesel 4x4

ALFLGAILINIAKYMIMONCOHPATNVAWVWIsm.jpg

Welcome Rodney & Rene! I'm also retired military and have never owned a travel trailer. For me it was a little intimidating at first but like others have mentioned the folks at Oliver are top notch and the experience here on this forum is great.  I wish you guys well and hope you enjoy your Oliver as much as my wife and I do.