Service departrment

geO

• Moderators

Sorry for the issues that you are having (had), but while there have been occasions the repairs, mods, service have taken longer than originally planned, virtually all of my service appointments have been without issue.  In fact, during several appointments the guys have actually performed more things than what I asked for simply because either they were needed, were just a part of what should have been done or they were "upgrades" now standard on current models.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Well, Bill, that makes us feel even worse if any such thing is possible! Great for you, but it sure isn't the case for us and you would think they would know to do better since they know we reach a lot of people! We are extremely disappointed and hurt. They're messing up BIG TIME. So sad to see them blowing it like this.

Bob, currently our easystart is not working even after having it in for that issue this week. I was informed that the easystart was reset and everything checked out fine and that my generator might be dropping voltage... WRONG! I hooked up another Honda generator (new)  and still got the E-7 error code on the thermostat. The easy start is not functioning the way it should. When in doubt change it out!

When in doubt change it out!

Or verify before making a change.

Not defending nor supporting the service folks , but personally, I almost always double check any service work, before I accept all is well.  Especially if  I have to travel a substantial distance. (example: a simple oil change gets a once over, levels and visual evidence a new filter is in place)  Electrical issues too often give off spurious indications.  Seems you could have gone through the process with your gen set - prove it out- while there, or insisted Oliver do similar. Perhaps the easy start is the issue, I would assume if they had replaced it, and still the problem persisted, you would be as unhappy, And still would not know the real problem.

I look forward to you posting the follow up results, the central problem and the fix. Whether or not the service folks mucked it up - will be self evident to rest of us.

I wish you well.

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

While I've not had any electrical issues with Twist I do know that they can be very frustrating.  I assume that you have had a discussion with Richie and Jason regarding these issues.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

E7 code is "loss of 120 power at the control board" in the a/c unit. The easy start is a start assist for the compressor and anything can happen in electronics but it does not seem that the easy start would cause this code.

Does the fan run on the a/c if you turn it on without turning the a/c to cool?

Does the a/c work properly when the trailer is plugged into a 120 volt wall plug?

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

Bob, currently our easystart is not working even after having it in for that issue this week. I was informed that the easystart was reset and everything checked out fine and that my generator might be dropping voltage… WRONG! I hooked up another Honda generator (new)  and still got the E-7 error code

Geo, Make sure you have a neutral ground bonding plug in your generator. See thread HERE.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

Thank you folks for the suggestions. I had my A/C fail and had it replaced in July. I'm assuming Oliver just took my easystart off my old unit and reinstalled it on my new unit.  I always use the bonding plug with my generator. I did check the error codes on the easystart and was getting a D21 & D23. The A/C works and runs for up to 10-15 minutes and then my generator surges and goes into overload mode. What happens if the easy start does not go through the start up procedures when first installed?

It is possible you are having the same issue I had with our new Oliver. The detail is in the “Micro-Air” thread.  But to summarize: At pickup and shakedown at the local campground my old Honda 2000 would not work with EasyStart installed by factory. It would startup fine and run several minutes and then the generator would shutdown. Returned to the factory the next morning. During the next three hours they checked the EasyStart install (it was correct) and reset the EasyStart. Still didn’t work. Scott Oliver brought his old Honda 2000 to factory but his generator also shutdown. Thought it may have been the old generators. Went home and tested with my other younger, but still old Honda 2000. Still would not work. It worked fine with both Generators paralleled. I continued to test and research and camp in Summer heat with shore power. After watching amp draw and an evaluation by RV repair shop we determined the A/C was pulling too many amps and A/C was replaced under warranty. STILL did not work with generator. But by this time, fortunately, Matteo G. At Micro-Air had identified another potential problem - a bad stator in the generator. At the Oliver Rally in May we were able to confirm both my generators have bad stators causing shutdown after running several minutes. We tested with a new generator as well as Scott Oliver’s generator that was used at the factory during the original testing and everything worked fine. I opted to buy one new Honda 2200i, added the Hutch Mountain propane kit.  Hopefully our “Murphy’s Law” abiding is over

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/micro-air/page/3/#

• Thanks 3

Scott&Ricki

2017 Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull 225, The Bus 
2007 Tundra 
Prev: 2003 Casita, 2009 Weekend Warrior 

Today I was watching the amperage while the compressor was on and was getting 18-23amps. I remember when Matteo installed the easystart during the last rally and watched him go through a start up procedure. My A/C was changed out last July and I'm beginning to think the easy start was not started properly. Jason returned my phone call and we talked about possible problems.

What I did was hook up both of my Honda generators and went through the start up procedure again. Well so far so good! My single gen now is running the A/C and reading a constant 15amps and no more overloading. The gen is not struggling anymore! I will conduct some more testing tomorrow and hope this issue is resolved.

Thanks Jason for returning my call!

• Thanks 3

Well got a nice thunderstorm here in Alabama and sure enough the back window is still leaking like a faucet. Thanks guys for squaring it away while I was at the plant...NOT! hope the window just needs some sealant. Problem is we are expecting rain for the rest of the week.