Anderson Hitch purchase?

Trainman

When purchasing the Anderson WDH for the Elite II, Anderson #3324, will the chain that comes with the hitch be long enough to fit, or will I need to purchase the extension links so it will fit the Oliver correctly. I want to order the hitch and get the extra chains if needed.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

I’m not sure of the length you will need, but I picked up the extra chain and shackles I needed at my local Tractor Supply.

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

If you are purchasing the hitch from Oliver, they will install it and set it up. It will be ready to go when you pick up your new camper. There are a couple used ones in the for sale forum section and will be at least half price of a new one. These will also have all of the necessary brackets, chains and connectors needed for complete installation. Along with the instructions needed.

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

I will be purchasing my own hitch, I just need the number of links in your chain. All Oliver's are the same and it would make no difference as to what vehicle you have, as the Anderson hitch is measured from the ball and all Elite II trailer tongues are the same as far as I know. I was just at a fiberglass rally this last week and there were four Oliver's there, but not thinking about the hitch I didn't measure any of them.

trainman

• Moderators

Trainman -

The specific answer to your question is:  40.  Note that this number includes the "expansion links" but does not include either the turnbuckles nor the threaded pieces that hold the red bushings.

As you will find out, the brackets that attach to the frame of the Oliver can be adjusted back and forth to some degree.  This could allow for a link or two plus or minus.  Also, there are a couple of owners that have placed the brackets in the center of the frame (John Davies being one of these owners) as opposed to the more normal outside locations.

Bill

P1020192.jpg.thumb.jpg.ac64deb0e94cd95f0b5a0e7ffde96b90.jpg

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

WOW, I would have never guessed there were that many more links that needed to be added. Thanks, now when we go the Hohenwald to get the trailer I will have what is needed for correct hookup.

trainman

Trainman, take a look here if you haven’t already....

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/how-to-anderson-weight-distributing-hitch-center-frame-location/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.